pepperami

pepperami's catering thread

249 posts in this topic

Where's the best place to get spices to make an Indian curry? I want to learn how to make my own from scratch!

I also want to make my own bread! Cooking is mega!

Any ideas for a cheap, good and slightly healthy breakfast or lunch. I get up a lot at around 12 and usually I just have a mug of tea and a biscuit, a very rare cereal or most often a small fry up on bread or toast with a cuppa.

Where's the best place to get spices to make an Indian curry? I want to learn how to make my own from scratch!

I also want to make my own bread! Cooking is mega!

most super markets will have a vast selection of spices sometimes it depends on what curry u wanna make cooking youre own bread is suprisingly a lil more difficult as the best way would be to buy a bread maker as doing it by hand could take forever however not impossible just time consuming. the hardest thing would be to obtain the yeast for the bread again in kitchens we got suppliers for such things i dont know how readily available it is in shops.

Any ideas for a cheap, good and slightly healthy breakfast or lunch. I get up a lot at around 12 and usually I just have a mug of tea and a biscuit, a very rare cereal or most often a small fry up on bread or toast with a cuppa.

yeah try a breakfast smoothie

granola, honey, strawberries , bannana , milk a little sugar not to much as honey is sweet if ya like raisens add em to

ok mate blend together some lemon grass, lime leaves. red chillie grean chillie,corriander,ginger,basil,bayleaf,mint,garlic with some olive oil not extra virgin slice yer breast of duck marinade youre duck in the paste but keep some paste back then get together some rice noodles courgettes, onions green and red peppers. and some pak choi roughly chopped.

keep the noodles to last get a big massive wok thats red hot and throw in the rest of ya paste and ya veg when ya veg has sweated off (when youre onions become translucent but not brown) throw in ya duck i like my my duck medium rare so that shouldnt take long when ya put ya duck in add the pak choi also

mean while deep fry yer rice noodles so they go mad crispy but not burnt becarefull how much ya put in the fryer as they will amost double in size

serve yer duck stir fry in a bowl and place ya crispy rice noodles on top. you could do variations like add cream and coconut turn it almost into a thai style curry or you could use same method and go chinese with some cream and hoisin sauce with chinese 5 spice but the original is best imo hope this helps m8

marmarisbhoy likes this

any quick chicken breast recipes?

i eat 4 a day and it gets a bit bland, i grill them or george foreman then, doesnt have to be restrauntesque, just quick style so i get get it down me.

i usually stick paprika on them, season or a chicken spice i have.

yeah try a breakfast smoothie

granola, honey, strawberries , bannana , milk a little sugar not to much as honey is sweet if ya like raisens add em to

Sounds like it could be good.

any quick chicken breast recipes?

i eat 4 a day and it gets a bit bland, i grill them or george foreman then, doesnt have to be restrauntesque, just quick style so i get get it down me.

i usually stick paprika on them, season or a chicken spice i have.

yeah simple bud get some sundried toms and mozzerella butterfly yer chicken breast stuff the mozz and toms inside then grab some streaky bacon wrap it around the whole breast keeping the stuff inside then bake it in the oven no more bland chicken breasts

kevza and JJ like this

good man!!!!! i have stuffed them with black pudding before, delicious but got bored of that too , but that mozz and tomato sounds tasty, cheers mate.

Sounds like it could be good.

i like these good nutrition but easy to handle coz its a drink in the mornings sometimes i just dont feel like munching a breaky i guess like you and it isnt that expensive coz say a pint of the stuff u wouldnt need that much of the ingrediants just remember add the banana last as thats what will thicken yer smoothie naturally u can also add a lil greek yoghurt for extra oomf but thats money

good man!!!!! i have stuffed them with black pudding before, delicious but got bored of that too , but that mozz and tomato sounds tasty, cheers mate.

np when ya get bored of that 1 i got loads more 1 at a time though m8 :) note also that bacon is naturally salty so ya dont really need to add any seasoning :)

yeah simple bud get some sundried toms and mozzerella butterfly yer chicken breast stuff the mozz and toms inside then grab some streaky bacon wrap it around the whole breast keeping the stuff inside then bake it in the oven no more bland chicken breasts

whats the temp and cooking time on this, sounds great.

How do you make those?

unless meth has a certain kind of way of doing it i guess exactly how it says on teh tin make a cheese sandwich and lightly fry it on either side i would use a good butter instead of oil.

I like cheese fryed sandwiches, any other fried sandwiches what are nice and simple to make?

u ever tried any variations on this sandwhich like different cheeses and such i assume you use chedder cheese but maybe u could use say brie and cranberry?

or even stilton and apple?

whats the temp and cooking time on this, sounds great.

its chicken gotta be cooked all way through 75 degrees and above cooking time varys depending on the size of the breast.

personally i would seal it off in a hot frying pan all way round till bacon goes lightly golden brown then either grill or bake if u bake it prolly would take about 8-12 mins in an oven at 180 degrees however not all ovens are the same when u consider fan assisted ones and stuff so i would just check it every few mins till its ready :) same for a grill however again if u grill between medium high temp u gotta turn it regularly hope this is usefull m8

kevza likes this

unless meth has a certain kind of way of doing it i guess exactly how it says on teh tin make a cheese sandwich and lightly fry it on either side i would use a good butter instead of oil.

Ahh ok., had fried bread, but never thought to do that to a sandwich.

u ever tried any variations on this sandwhich like different cheeses and such i assume you use chedder cheese but maybe u could use say brie and cranberry?

or even stilton and apple?

its chicken gotta be cooked all way through 75 degrees and above cooking time varys depending on the size of the breast.

personally i would seal it off in a hot frying pan all way round till bacon goes lightly golden brown then either grill or bake if u bake it prolly would take about 8-12 mins in an oven at 180 degrees however not all ovens are the same when u consider fan assisted ones and stuff so i would just check it every few mins till its ready smile.png same for a grill however again if u grill between medium high temp u gotta turn it regularly hope this is usefull m8

spot on