pepperami

pepperami's catering thread

249 posts in this topic

first plate looks like scallops, the second not sure, third pork loin?

correct  first plate is scallops and the third plate is pork loin saltimbocca not bad neg do you or anyone else see anything on those plates you recognise?

correct  first plate is scallops and the third plate is pork loin saltimbocca not bad neg do you or anyone else see anything on those plates you recognise?

is the second one lamb? looks like a dark berry jus with whatever it is and a timbal of rice? although it would have to be big grains of rice...^_^

is the second one lamb? looks like a dark berry jus with whatever it is and a timbal of rice? although it would have to be big grains of rice...^_^

correct its lamb rump with a blue berry jus also it's sat on pulled lamb shoulder that's been bread crumbed and fried you can't really make it out from the photo the other things isnt rice rice but close

Edited by pepperami

So my bosses have decided to do a deal with Hendricks gin company so the challenge is to come up with 2 starters 2 mains and 2 deserts all containing Hendricks gin any you foodies got any ideas?

do you not partake yourself Pepp? I find it quite a hard flavour for modern gin, would benefit from berry flavours or as a mousse/foam with say monkfish. I don't think chicken but maybe lamb? also makes a grand ice pole. :P

do you not partake yourself Pepp? I find it quite a hard flavour for modern gin, would benefit from berry flavours or as a mousse/foam with say monkfish. I don't think chicken but maybe lamb? also makes a grand ice pole. :P

my thinking and training is more traditional for example dark liquor for dark meats white liquor for white meats as Hendricks isn't a sloe gin which is darker it's quite light so yes as you say better for fish like monkfish though I'm thinking still a meaty fish but better quality like halibut or even scallops again chicken would be ok but it's boring in a sense though it's a Nutreul flavour I was thinking along the lines of Guinea fowl ?

so far I've got pan seared scallops with black pudding potato cake and a Hendricks and cucumber ketchup

then chargrilled loin of halibut served with Hendricks braised fennel saffron turned new potatoes 

and last apple and Hendricks bavarois with candied apple and a cucumber ,mint and Hendricks sorbet?

what ya think

I forget to add bigger flavours with scallops as I like them very basic, they all sound fine!! Which in Doric has more meaning. Game birds sounds good too. Will send my nephew round to try some of it.

It's a head fuck managed to do the bavarois tonight going on menu tomorrow slight set back I didn't get a strong taste of Hendricks need to adjust the recipe however the dish looks good and the sorbet its awesome 

Sounds nice neg is it an actual pie or like a fruit flan? See after reading that I'm thinking lime and kiwi flan with a lemon and gin syrup and say chantillie cream?

Done my bavarois and photo is being sent to Hendricks apparently going on there web page sorted the gin flavour by making a blue berry and Hendricks coulis and put it on top of the bavarois will post a photo later

Sounds nice neg is it an actual pie or like a fruit flan? See after reading that I'm thinking lime and kiwi flan with a lemon and gin syrup and say chantillie cream?

it's kinda like a cheesecake, American  Key  limes with biscuit base. I'm over on Islay at the moment so gin isn't high on the flavour spectrum. Oysters and single malt more my line till I get home again. :D

pepperami likes this

Yeah bit of a whisky snob Pep, got to be Islay malt. I have to watch with cheese though, animal fats etc. We have a lovely Laphroaig cheese but my conscience only allows a wee drop. But the heavy peaty malts are great with heavy cheese.