pepperami

pepperami's catering thread

249 posts in this topic

any quick chicken breast recipes?

i eat 4 a day and it gets a bit bland, i grill them or george foreman then, doesnt have to be restrauntesque, just quick style so i get get it down me.

i usually stick paprika on them, season or a chicken spice i have.

type in a search jj for chicken breast recipes and do a video search on it and you will get fucking loads mate. plenty with pasta too which no doubt you eat a lot of mate.

cornflour for thickening sauces again depends on the sauce for example u can make a veloute which will cook or should cook thick by using normal flour however corn flour is gluten free so again depends on needs and also u can use arrowroot to thicken sauce or make a puree type sauce if made correctly it should be thick enough as u blend the ingrediants in the sauce each method is as good as the next depends on the sauce u wanna make and dietry needs at the time.

So cornflour then?

lol no it depends what sauce youre cooking ;)

sure the quality of the sausage u dont need to fry it in that much fat as sausages already have a natural fat content inside . i always seal in a hot pand then cook through under the grill i guess the secret is the butter in which u butter yer bread:)

you ever tried wild boar and apple sausages , or venison and red wine amazing m8

I'm from Viewpark and live in Anderston, Wild Boar and Venison are rare here, but red wine is not, so I'll try some apples and lorne, with some Red and see how it goes :)

Where's the best place to get spices to make an Indian curry? I want to learn how to make my own from scratch!

I also want to make my own bread! Cooking is mega!

Hey man. My take on a chicken curry(not in a hurry)

First locate an Indian/Pakistan shop. In there you will find Chili powder (red) and the curry powder (mustardy colored) Also the Garam Masala (brown powder)

Get some chicken breasts (at least 4 of em)and cut into chunky mouth size bites. In a bowl throw in the chicken and a little oil, half to 3/4 teaspoon of chili powder and 6 good size cloves of garlic (crushed). Mix together like mad and stick in fridge for at least 4 hours.

In the meantime chop a huge onion(not circles) and put in big soup pot and just cover bottom of pan with oil.

in a mug put 4 heaped table spoons of curry powder n one tea spoon of garam masala powder. mix with half a mug of cold water stir like fuck until it becomes a pasty consistency.

fry onions not too much then add chicken( the longer it marinates the more tender it becomes (very important) cook on medium heat for maybe 15 mins. keep stirring with wooden spoon.

Have 2 tins of CRUSHED tomatoes open and pour them in along with the curry mixture. swill the cup and tins with a wee drop of water and throw it in. bring to boil then turn down to low and simmer with the lid on!! for at least 3 hours.The longer it simmers the better it tastes. Stirring every 10 mins or more. (important)

Boil yer basmati rice and serve in a circle with curry in middle.

Also buy some NAN breads in the Indian store and dip in. Just remember the chili powder denotes how hot the curry is, the more u add the fiery it becomes. Hopefully there is a wee lassie in town to impress. A nice glass of white wine or poteen compliments the meal

THe more you do it the easier it becomes. Good Luck!!!

Hope this helps.

pepperami likes this

How do I make stewing steak really soft and tender, when I make it turns into rubber which will not break lol

stewing steak or braising stake you just gotta cook it for a long time at a low heat m8 for example cook in the oven with cover it with a good stock red wine garlic ect some veg eg carrotes onion celery, leaks for flavour make sure ya meat is well covered in the liquid cover with cling film first and then tin foil cook for about 3 hrs at about 13-140 degrees this should make it nice and tender stews and pie mixes same kinda thing but in a pot again just cook it out for long time on a low heat.

if im braising i always lightly flour my meat seal it off in a hot pan first for the colour then put it into a baking tray with the liquid also then u can make a sauce with the excess liquid at the end hope this helps ya.

First locate an Indian/Pakistan shop. In there you will find Chili powder (red) and the curry powder (mustardy colored) Also the Garam Masala (brown powder)

Get some chicken breasts (at least 4 of em)and cut into chunky mouth size bites. In a bowl throw in the chicken and a little oil, half to 3/4 teaspoon of chili powder and 6 good size cloves of garlic (crushed). Mix together like mad and stick in fridge for at least 4 hours.

In the meantime chop a huge onion(not circles) and put in big soup pot and just cover bottom of pan with oil.

in a mug put 4 heaped table spoons of curry powder n one tea spoon of garam masala powder. mix with half a mug of cold water stir like fuck until it becomes a pasty consistency.

fry onions not too much then add chicken( the longer it marinates the more tender it becomes (very important) cook on medium heat for maybe 15 mins. keep stirring with wooden spoon.

Have 2 tins of CRUSHED tomatoes open and pour them in along with the curry mixture. swill the cup and tins with a wee drop of water and throw it in. bring to boil then turn down to low and simmer with the lid on!! for at least 3 hours.The longer it simmers the better it tastes. Stirring every 10 mins or more. (important)

Also buy some NAN breads in the Indian store and dip in. Just remember the chili powder denotes how hot the curry is, the more u add the fiery it becomes. Hopefully there is a wee lassie in town to impress. A nice glass of white wine or poteen compliments the meal

Hope this helps.

good stuff m8 you could also grab a lot of youre herbs and spices and blend them usin a food processer into a paste and marinade youre chicken with that

stewing steak or braising stake you just gotta cook it for a long time at a low heat m8 for example cook in the oven with cover it with a good stock red wine garlic ect some veg eg carrotes onion celery, leaks for flavour make sure ya meat is well covered in the liquid cover with cling film first and then tin foil cook for about 3 hrs at about 13-140 degrees this should make it nice and tender stews and pie mixes same kinda thing but in a pot again just cook it out for long time on a low heat.

if im braising i always lightly flour my meat seal it off in a hot pan first for the colour then put it into a baking tray with the liquid also then u can make a sauce with the excess liquid at the end hope this helps ya.

Cool, ever tried baked Ziti?

Hope this helps.

will that be really hot

try making a paste of some raw onion, garlic, curry powder, tumeric, bay leaf , corriander , thyme a pinch of chinese 5 spice a lil olive oil blend the shit out of it marinade youre chicken in it over night cook off youre chicken add some chicken stock and a lil tomatoe puree this will thicken the sauce season add more powder if u want it hotter :P

will that be really hot

Hey man, It all depends on how much chili powder you put in to marinate the chicken. More for hot or less for not so. The curry powder is just really the end taste if u know wot I mean. The Indian chili gives it the firepower.

Good luck.

pepperami likes this

Hey man, It all depends on how much chili powder you put in to marinate the chicken. More for hot or less for not so. The curry powder is just really the end taste if u know wot I mean. The Indian chili gives it the firepower.

Good luck.

exactly m8 its an experience and taste preference thing how u like it is how much u add

marmarisbhoy likes this

I have potatoes. I don't have butter. I don't have a microwave or an oven. I do have a stir frying pan.

Anything interesting I can do? Cheers! I can get vegetables and stuff.

I have potatoes. I don't have butter. I don't have a microwave or an oven. I do have a stir frying pan.

Anything interesting I can do? Cheers! I can get vegetables and stuff.

yeah u can cut them up par boil them and just fry em off with a little oil some garlic and some fresh rosemary simple but nice season well though even fry em with some oinions too

HH Peps<3, any healthy lunch ideas. been eating typical salad rolls etc, need a tasty and hard to get fed up with dish biggrin.pngsmile.png hope u can help meh

tell me what kind of things u like a nice wee healthy lunch dish that i like is this

creme fresh add a lil lemon and chopped dill to it spread it over some bread like ciabatta peel some cucumber with a veg peeler u get nice wee ribbons layer them on to the spread stick some smoked salmon on it and some rocket . if this isnt youre bag let me no what ya like .