fishsticks

Convincing argument against independence

381 posts in this topic

Nothing to do with scaremongering it has to do with the fact we are just coming out of a Double Dip Recession and the rumblings are in the Market place Chinas current boom has been propped up artificially by massive debts.

If China goes poplike the Japanese Market did a few years ago then the ripple effect could well cause another slip into recession.

To Ignore these factors and go ahead with Independence at this moment in time would be foolish I think.

I am not against an Independent Scotland I just don't think that now is the time to do it personally.

I think a better approach would be give the Scottish Parliament more Powers over the Scottish People and more more Investment in which to actually do some of the things Salmond and Co argue would be done in an Independent Scotland.

It's the SNP who are pushing for this and I personally think they are wrong to do so at present they are not looking at the big picture they are an Inward looking Party always have been.

The World is becoming a smaller place as Markets open up to each other why the fuck do Salmond and Co think it is better to go into that Market smaller in size and power?

Btw the problems we have had in Scotland regarding Sectarianism and Racism wont simply disappear because Scotland is Independent if anything these issues will get worse as the Loyalist amongst population react to the split up.

That cunt has painted this wee twee picture of Bonnie Scotland post split,Salmon Leaping in Rivers,Fish being landed by Trawlers,Ships rolling out the Basins on the Clyde,North Sea Oil being pumped into every household in the country as folks lives are wonderfully transformed as this bold wee Nation takes the World by Storm.

Utter shite,

The cunts at the top will continue to screw the poor cunts at the bottom the wealth will continue to pour into the Wealthiest Bank Accounts and the Arguments will continue to rage in the Parliament as just like before the Union those at the Pointy end of Business position themselves for power and and even bigger slice of the cake.

It will take a dam sight more than Whisky Sales to float Scotlands Boat  back onto the World Scene.

pepperami likes this

See kenny I respect that post rather than blabbing on about Ireland truth is Westminster was protecting its own income giving money to Ireland due to the fact Ireland is one of the uk biggest customers for exporting goods too. Simply saying the uk just bailed Ireland out the shit so how would Scotland cope to me is kind of scaremongering.

Vote yes and get salmond too fook ASAP it's that simple at least Scotland could make its own mistakes in the world rather than being a lil bitch to subsidise london.

See kenny I respect that post rather than blabbing on about Ireland truth is Westminster was protecting its own income giving money to Ireland due to the fact Ireland is one of the uk biggest customers for exporting goods too. Simply saying the uk just bailed Ireland out the shit so how would Scotland cope to me is kind of scaremongering.

Vote yes and get salmond too fook ASAP it's that simple at least Scotland could make its own mistakes in the world rather than being a lil bitch to subsidise london.

No problem I may have come across the wrong way Pep I am concerned the SNP are steamrolling a Common Sense approach to this question.

I agree totally that London has far too much say in Scottish Affairs as it does over Welsh and Northern Irish Affairs too.

This was my main reasoning for Regional Assemblies in the UK the dilute the overall power from London and of course dilutes the amount of spending on London too.

People in the North of England are just as pissed off with the situation Industries allover the Country have suffered whilst it seems London goes from strength to strength?

Here's a wee example the money being spent on the Cross Rail Venture in Central London and  Proposed High Speed Rail Link that will run on the West coast Main Line (HS2) will cot in the region of £57 billion.

A programme I watched a few months back confirmed the Crossrail will be completed on time but buy the time it is completed due to the fact so many people are into London on a Weekly basis this Rail Link will not be big enough to cope!

The Tax Payer has footed a large part of the bill already and it also appears we will also be required to dig deep again for the Proposed CrossRail2 Upgrade!

All this in a backdrop of "Austerity Cuts" Nationwide that are affecting the very poorest in Society.

It's a fucking disgrace.

It's not Independence Scotland needs at this moment in time Pep in my opinion it's more power and money from Central Government so that the Parliament in Scotland can focus and help in the Industries and infrastructure that will jump start a resurgence in Scottish Industry.

This in turn will allow the people of Scotland to help themselves to a brighter future without the risk that Independence will surely bring.

Regional Assemblies with increased Powers and an equal share in the Nations Wealth is the way forward for me let fucking London look after itself there's more than enough of the Nations  money being ploughed in there already  I think.

Vote No for Independence but push for change across the UK I say.

We can all have a vote on that.

No problem I may have come across the wrong way Pep I am concerned the SNP are steamrolling a Common Sense approach to this question.

I agree totally that London has far too much say in Scottish Affairs as it does over Welsh and Northern Irish Affairs too.

This was my main reasoning for Regional Assemblies in the UK the dilute the overall power from London and of course dilutes the amount of spending on London too.

People in the North of England are just as pissed off with the situation Industries allover the Country have suffered whilst it seems London goes from strength to strength?

Here's a wee example the money being spent on the Cross Rail Venture in Central London and  Proposed High Speed Rail Link that will run on the West coast Main Line (HS2) will cot in the region of £57 billion.

A programme I watched a few months back confirmed the Crossrail will be completed on time but buy the time it is completed due to the fact so many people are into London on a Weekly basis this Rail Link will not be big enough to cope!

The Tax Payer has footed a large part of the bill already and it also appears we will also be required to dig deep again for the Proposed CrossRail2 Upgrade!

All this in a backdrop of "Austerity Cuts" Nationwide that are affecting the very poorest in Society.

It's a fucking disgrace.

It's not Independence Scotland needs at this moment in time Pep in my opinion it's more power and money from Central Government so that the Parliament in Scotland can focus and help in the Industries and infrastructure that will jump start a resurgence in Scottish Industry.

This in turn will allow the people of Scotland to help themselves to a brighter future without the risk that Independence will surely bring.

Regional Assemblies with increased Powers and an equal share in the Nations Wealth is the way forward for me let fucking London look after itself there's more than enough of the Nations  money being ploughed in there already  I think.

Vote No for Independence but push for change across the UK I say.

We can all have a vote on that.

The problem with that wasn't it david Cameron who demanded that we have this vote to put up or shut up so to speak?

The problem with that wasn't it david Cameron who demanded that we have this vote to put up or shut up so to speak?

I think your right aye.

There is an upshot of course should the NO vote win....

Scotland will be the only Nation within the Union who has democratically voted to be there....  :D

Every cloud....

I think your right aye.

There is an upshot of course should the NO vote win....

Scotland will be the only Nation within the Union who has democratically voted to be there....  :D

Every cloud....

If it's a no vote one of the conditions is that we can't get independence in future? Did I read that right somewhere?

If it's a no vote one of the conditions is that we can't get independence in future? Did I read that right somewhere?

Surely that would be entirely up to the population of Scotland?

If the demand was there's say in 15-20 years and the Global Environment was right then I cannot see them (Westminster) being able to stop it?

There's also the European Court who might take a dim view on any Government trying to stop such a thing being Democratically voted on.

I would imagine there would be a Human/Democratic Right issue in there somewhere if that turned out to be the case.

I don't actually think there will be a yes vote myself Pep I think there are vast numbers of a certain persuasion who are only to glad to be Governed and ruled over by England.

If it is a yes then I may have to reconsider my own circumstances as a Scot born and bred I would probably relocate up North and get involved with the bold new venture myself.

Perhaps a few more expats might feel the same way who knows?

It would have been nice however to be asked my opinion  by Mr Salmond and his ilk all the same.

Surely that would be entirely up to the population of Scotland?

If the demand was there's say in 15-20 years and the Global Environment was right then I cannot see them (Westminster) being able to stop it?

There's also the European Court who might take a dim view on any Government trying to stop such a thing being Democratically voted on.

I would imagine there would be a Human/Democratic Right issue in there somewhere if that turned out to be the case.

I don't actually think there will be a yes vote myself Pep I think there are vast numbers of a certain persuasion who are only to glad to be Governed and ruled over by England.

If it is a yes then I may have to reconsider my own circumstances as a Scot born and bred I would probably relocate up North and get involved with the bold new venture myself.

Perhaps a few more expats might feel the same way who knows?

It would have been nice however to be asked my opinion  by Mr Salmond and his ilk all the same.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Cameron was saying if we vote no for independence then that's the end of that venture we are stuck with them for good I could be wrong it was around the same time when he was giving us the ultimatum of voting on it you know his put up or shut up crap

Yes I think you are right but I don't think Cameron has thought of the wider implications of a statement like that.

He's a c*nt all the same.... :D

There is the prob he tried to scaremonger us into shutting up fuk England vote yes

Gordon Brown set to drop Fiancial Bombshell on Independence...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/independent-scotlands-first-annual-pension-3439164

AN independent Scotland's first annual pension bill would be "three times the income from oil", according to former prime minister Gordon Brown.

Pensions will be more secure and cheaper to administer if Scotland remains in the UK, the Scottish Labour MP will say in his first speech for the cross-party Better Together campaign.

Scotland faces a £100 billion public sector pensions bill with an additional £1 billion of administration costs through duplicating UK services, Mr Brown is expected to say in a speech tomorrow.

Telling ye bhoys now is not the time......

So how are we sending more money to westminster than we get back and have been doing so for thirty odd years?

Was anyone proposing we don't have any taxes and just live on oil money?

So effectively the argument is to pay more Taxes?

That should go down well with those already stretched to the limit I should wonder.

Now is not the time and I think once most folk get past the Sabre rattling and cries of "Freeeeeee  duuuuum" then they will come to a similar conclusion.

The answer is Simple Regional Assemblies with greater powers over spending and those things that affect the population in these areas the most.

A radical shakeup of how the money is dished out throughout the whole of Britain ie evenly and equally regardless of where you live and not just in the South and London in particular.

Scotland will be Scotland whether she's Independent or not and that's a fact no cunt can argue with.

A union to me is a one for all all for one attitude/system.

I don't think this was ever the case between these two nations.

Please remember oor Ancestors and cease the moment of A nation once again.

It's seize' Gav better change that or the fun police will be out in force thinking your a dick.

It's a Pedants wet dream in here at times ye know... .. .   :rolleyes:

It's seize' Gav better change that or the fun police will be out in force thinking your a dick.

It's a Pedants wet dream in here at times ye know... .. .   :rolleyes:

What on earth does tht mean kd?

the important question really is...if we leave the union and Europe, will we get duty free at the airports/ports/ border again??? <_<

we will be free to put our own duties and tax on anything and everything