Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Bhoy_1981

Nir Biton voicing his thoughts on the Israel-Palestine conflict:

51 posts in this topic

The Hoops midfielder – born in Ashdod – took to Instagram on Thursday night showing his support for his country.

As many as 240 Palestinians have been killed since July 8 after Israeli forces launched a series of air strikes in a bid to “crush” Hamas forces in the Gaza Strip.

It’s believed 80 per cent of those killed were civilians and many children.

Biton’s first post was of a picture with the following which has been translated:

nirb1.png?w=5000

He Who blessed our forefathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob – may He bless the fighters of the Israel Defense Force, who stand guard over our land and the cities of our God from the border of the Lebanon to the desert of Egypt, and from the Great Sea unto the approach of the Aravah, on the land, in the air, and on the sea.

“May Hashem cause the enemies who rise up against us to be struck down before them. May the Holy One, Blessed is He, preserve and rescue our fighting men from every trouble and distress and from every plague and illness, and may He send blessing and success in their every endeavor.

“May He lead our enemies under their sway and may He grant them salvation and crown them with victory. And may there be fulfilled for them the verse: For it is Hashem, your God, Who goes with you to battle your enemies for you to save you.

“Now let us respond: Amen.”

This sparked an outcry of criticism, and Biton then followed up with this post:

nirb2.png?w=5000

Team-mate Anthony Stokes earlier criticised the Israel Defence Force on Twitter:

stokes1.png?w=5000

Of the two I'm with Anthony Stokes politically and morally but from a club point of view both should have their wrists slapped. I don't expect players and staff to be robots with no opinions but you'd think politics would be a no go area in the clubs social media policy.

'Bless the fighters of the Israel Defense Force', and 'struck down' 'enemies', followed by "Peace on Earth' ?

The War Machine knows no 'peace'.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

He took some amount of abuse from alleged "Supporters Of Celtic Fc" some really bitter stuff going on. A lot of calls for him to be sacked and sold.Which I think is terrible. As for Tony RiRA Stokes being on opposite sides of this ,,is a recipe for trouble..

Iam a very political person myself and can see both sides in this. I personally am on Stokesys side but not by default. Nir Biton is Million doller asset and has a right to express himself through patriotism any time he wants but I think its very foolish to do it now and Not get in to bother for it.

Dear oh dear! 

Ive supported Celtic since the 1960s and have taken pride in the fact that all colours and creeds have been accepted by the club , when others were blind.

Im utterly disgusted by Bitons comments.

He can have his perceived "high moral ground"....I would see it as paranoia.

Note to Peter Lawell........lose him before you lose your sponsors.  He disgraces our proud traditions.

This madness has no place upon any civilised forum...especially one which supports a wonderful football club like Celtic.

pepperami likes this

Dear oh dear! 

Ive supported Celtic since the 1960s and have taken pride in the fact that all colours and creeds have been accepted by the club , when others were blind.

Im utterly disgusted by Bitons comments.

He can have his perceived "high moral ground"....I would see it as paranoia.

Note to Peter Lawell........lose him before you lose your sponsors.  He disgraces our proud traditions.

This madness has no place upon any civilised forum...especially one which supports a wonderful football club like Celtic.

Ffs Give us a rest Nir Biton is entitled to comment after all his family and friends are there.

Thousands of Christians being killed in Africa because of their religion and not a word said ?

Do you really know anything about Hamas ?

Do you really think they are poor freedom fighters, defending the Palestilians ?

Hamas are a Al-Quaeda extremist muslim party who's sole doctrine is the extermination of Israel. No peace talks, no negotiations. Not a lot left there then.

Defending the palestinians ?

Hamas have been firing 100/200 missiles into Israel every day, for years. The fact that their rockets dont really do a great deal of damage, is of no great comfort to the people within their range.

It's NOT Palestinians who are firing the rockets it's hamas.

They fire the rockets and retreat to civilian area's and hide among the innocent.

They also love to parade the body's around the streets, for the sake of the camera's. ALL propeganda. They dont give a toss for the cannon fodder they are burying.

You seem to find it easy to jump on the Anti Zionist Bandwagon.

My sympathy's are with the ordinary palestinians in Gaza, they are being used as cannon fodder by this Hamas mob. And it wont stop. 

MafieMcCue and Fritza like this

Re Biton: Many Celtic fans are happy to defend Stokes' pro IRA opinions on the basis that he's Irish. Surely Biton should be afforded the same leeway ?

Or, perhaps this whole episode is a good example of why many Celtic fans, myself included, would prefer that players did not broadcast their political views, particularly when doing so is likely to sharply divide opinion ?

marmarisbhoy likes this

Re Biton: Many Celtic fans are happy to defend Stokes' pro IRA opinions on the basis that he's Irish. Surely Biton should be afforded the same leewa

Or, perhaps this whole episode is a good example of why many Celtic fans, myself included, would prefer that players did not broadcast their political views, particularly when doing so is likely to sharply divide opinion ?

HailHail

Do you really know anything about Hamas ?

Do you really think they are poor freedom fighters, defending the Palestilians ?

Hamas are a Al-Quaeda extremist muslim party who's sole doctrine is the extermination of Israel. No peace talks, no negotiations. Not a lot left there then.

Defending the palestinians ?

Ive re-read my post several times , and confirm that I made no mention of Hamas in it.

If I wished to debate matters of a political nature with you I would join a forum dedicated to such debate ...not a forum dedicated to Celtic FC .

Btw....the only thing I have in common with Anthony Stokes is the fact we both are Irish.

Ive re-read my post several times , and confirm that I made no mention of Hamas in it.

If I wished to debate matters of a political nature with you I would join a forum dedicated to such debate ...not a forum dedicated to Celtic FC .

Btw....the only thing I have in common with Anthony Stokes is the fact we both are Irish.

I said as soon as i seen it posted in "Celtic Chat" it would end up a political debate godot.

It's been moved over to the pages we set up for serious and political debates.

Respect.

Who Killed Kenny? likes this

I think most of us agree there's no morality in killing, who ever is sponsoring Hamas with rockets is just as bad as those who are arming Israel.

What do we as onlookers do though?

We can only act or comment on the information we get from the media. We also have to be very careful what we post, as GCHQ are the thought police.

Personally I think that the only way forward is reconcilliation, and a peaceful two state solution.

These conflicts like most are ridiculous. (hope my spelling is right lol) Support for the Palestinians,. 

I have all the support in the world for the innocent victims in this and other conflicts Kev but Hamas are and have been stirring this reaction up for far to long now and although I don't condone the reaction by Israel I fully understand why they have.

I think most of us agree there's no morality in killing, who ever is sponsoring Hamas with rockets is just as bad as those who are arming Israel.

What do we as onlookers do though?

We can only act or comment on the information we get from the media. We also have to be very careful what we post, as GCHQ are the thought police.

Personally I think that the only way forward is reconcilliation, and a peaceful two state solution.

Dialogue is the only answer to any Conflict.

The problem is though you are hoping for dialogue between two Nations with Strong and conflicting religious beliefs.

You cannot hope to reason with people who believe God has given them the Divine right to control the land and it's people.

Fucking eejits the lot of them.