Are you religious ?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in god?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know
  2. 2. Do you practise any religions ?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

128 posts in this topic

Polls are above. 

Don't want this to turn bitter, it is about respecting others beliefs even if their not the same as yours or mine.

I do not but the whole concept of religion is pretty interesting but perhaps for the wrong reasons.

I believe in God but I also believe you will not find God in any building.

Whilst I do respect the Bible and all other "Holy" Books I think we all have to remember they were written by men for men in an entirely different World than the one we all share today.

Be Interested to know how many human beings have been killed,murdered and maimed in the name of Religion since Religions began proclaiming a right of passage to God?

Must be into the millions.

I believe in God but I also believe you will not find God in any building.

Whilst I do respect the Bible and all other "Holy" Books I think we all have to remember they were written by men for men in an entirely different World than the one we all share today.

Be Interested to know how many human beings have been killed,murdered and maimed in the name of Religion since Religions began proclaiming a right of passage to God?

Must be into the millions.

Perhaps billions.

I don't believe religion teaches man to kill therefore killing in the name of religion doesn't make sense to me

Totally agree with that Pep.

Religions are divisive though an therein lies the problem.

They create an environment of fear and mistrust between  people who practice seperate Religions.

They can't all be right can they?

Totally agree with that Pep.

Religions are divisive though an therein lies the problem.

They create an environment of fear and mistrust between  people who practice other Religions.

They can't all be right can they?

I think man creates fear and mistrust using religion as a weapon or a tool

I don't believe there is a religion that says it's ok to kill

The bible and the quran both have paragraphs saying Kill those who do not believe and kill those who worship others among other things. 

The bible and the quran both have paragraphs saying Kill those who do not believe and kill those who worship others among other things.

These are 2 books written by men in an era long gone the Quran has so many different translations and different interpretations that it really can be twisted in a way to brain wash people into killing for someone's own gain. Let's face it it's not the guys who are deemed important that are going around killing people or blowing people up while the guys who are translating are deemed as pretty much celebrities.

The bible states quite clearly in the Ten Commandments though shall not kill anything after that most likely been added.

You have to think the more people in times when people were forced into believing in religions through fear and violence the more that religion gains donations and the guys who are supposed to be holy and run the religion get power and wealth and then become corrupt.

I'm not a believer in anything other than the power of mother earth. Organised religion can have its place- my sister finds great comfort and support in her religion as do other people I know, although they all follow different strains of the same basic ethos. Sadly the way basic writings have been translated and basterdised over the years has led to the horrible state of extremism we are living with today. The ancient Egyptians had a good belief systems as did the Pagans- in my opinion.

Who Killed Kenny? likes this

I believe that we all have a soul and we are linked together by this energy , and that something did create the universe, I go to mass occasionally I use to not believe in anything, but things change.

I do also believe however a second appearance by Jesus or God would go a long way to ending alot of the fighting,hatred and discrimination that is going on around the World right now.

Can anyone imagine the sheer shock to the system for those who are involved in Corruption,Extortion,Slavery,Genocide and Hatred around the World?

I should imagine it would have a profound effect on all of those people immediately as they realise "shit I have to answer for this on my death".

Worth a a wee thought or a debate I reckon.

If Jesus came back he would be killed again, his message would be as unpopular today as it was 2000 years ago. 

It would categorically proof beyond any doubt that God existed DC.

One would imagine he would have plenty to say about mankind and how it is behaving now.

As for the churches? Well I reckon they would be consigned to the bin in an instant.

One God one word all the rest becomes bullshit.

I believe in God the Father, creator of Heaven & Earth, I believe in all the Angels and Saints in Heaven but I do not go to church or feel the need to in order to be a believe. 

We are all Gods children and he made us all in his eyes. 

so: i believe in THE GREAT GOD EATING GOAT - that eats and destoys all gods.... so god doesn't exist - she's been ate!

the only logical* proof that the great god eating goat doesn't exist can also be used to prove that god doesn't exist, so....

god doesn't exist

ad infinitum....

and religion? DON'T GET ME STARTED ON FEKKIN' RELIGION.... puhleese

peace y'all

nechayev

*this excludes faith, opinion and beliefs rooted in an arcane set of human notions formulated in  5,000 year old folk memories

Gotta be here for a reason surely?? or possibly not?

Surely good people and young children dont die for nothing while peados and their likes still walk amongst us?

I believe their is more to life than what we see

Can i prove it? NO. But can anybody prove God doesnt exist? NO

Well the truth is I am god, the proof is in the pudding.

5679880317_f3eca8c60d_z.jpg

Seriously though... AND THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS OFFEND SOMEONE BUT I BELIEVE THAT MOST PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM ARE OPEN MINDED AND WILL THINK LOGICALLY ABOUT WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY.

Religion as we know is not modern at all. It has been around longer than it claims to be. 

The Sun [no the paper] is god to human always has been, it is basically our life source we need it more than it needs us and one day it will swallow us whole or burn us like a piece of bread in a jammed toaster.

How do I come up with this ridiculous theory I hear you ask. Simple.

Before there was an allah, a buddah, a elephant god and a god and jesus. 

There was the sun, read this and tell me what you think.

http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/part-one/#interesting_findings

At the end it does say religion is the one true evil which in a sense is true, I get that there are many who use religion and do their best to live a good life but the heads of religion are so corrupt they could be the anti-christ themselves. 

Just to balance it out a bit I am not 100% against religion, I think we could grow better without it (it would take down so many barriers) I think religion is good in the sense that people such as addicts turn their life around commiting to religion in stead of drugs or whatever their addiction is.

Sorry if I offended anyone as this is not my intentions it just my opinion and if you are worshipping a god I am not calling YOU evil.