Are you religious ?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in god?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know
  2. 2. Do you practise any religions ?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

128 posts in this topic

Gotta be here for a reason surely?? or possibly not?

Surely good people and young children dont die for nothing while peados and their likes still walk amongst us?

I believe their is more to life than what we see

Can i prove it? NO. But can anybody prove God doesnt exist? NO

I agree with this and to add to it I still find it incredible Science is still trying to prove that all that we know of started off with a big bang created from absolutely fuck all but atmosphere?

Aye right..... :ph34r:

Here's 2 badly dressed Americans blowing that theory to bits...

I agree with this and to add to it I still find it incredible Science is still trying to prove that all that we know of started off with a big bang created from absolutely fuck all but atmosphere?

The thing I have learned about science is that if I say x is the outcome of y + z being combined with w then you should be able to get the x result doing x+y combined with w. 

In my opinion, science searches for the hard facts no matter the outcome, it is not biased and it does not care. However just because one scientist says "X after so many test" does not make it valid if 100 completely different scientist say "X" then it concludes that this is a fact.

Science and Technology have shaped this world since I was born at least lol probably 1600s... more advanced in the 1800s and rapidly increasing in the 1900s.

Also having read the bible (I decided I wanted to read it) It contradicts itself time and time again, even Dan Brown can right a novel without it contradicting itself.

** AS I HAVE SAID ALL ALONG, THOSE WHO WORSHIP PLEASE CONTINUE TO DO SO I AM NOT HERE TO CONVERT DO WHAT YOU WANT. ** 

northeastghirl15 likes this

God did not write the Bible.

Men did so as soon as man get's involved in doing anything you have to ask why and what is his motivation for doing so?

And to me the Bible is merely an Idiots guide to life.

It was far more relevant then than it is today.

The problem I have with Churches and Organised Religion who use the Bible as categoric proof for everything they stand for is the they believe every word written is the actual word of god?

This is why I don't attend a Church Service other than a wedding a baptism or a Funeral.

Most of the New Testament was written long after the event of Jesus's death.

Many of the accounts are passed on from people who were perhaps there to people who were not.

These people all had one thing in common though...they were all deeply religious so hardly scope for a balanced and fair recap of who said what and what actually transpired?

Some may find these views odd I don't know but to me I think we need to question things when they are presented to us in a nice wee neat bundle.

As for Science I am all for it when it comes to finding cures or preventing future problems with the World we hope to exist in far into the future.

But I do think spending x Millions of Pounds Dollars or Euros proving a God Particle Exists is a severe waste of time effort and resources.

It exists big fucking deal Science it always has and always will us knowing it does changes absolutely hee haw.

Same goes for looking further and further out into Deep Space spending Millions and Millions on Technology to do so whilst on earth we have millions drinking sewage out of streams to survive.

All for what?

So some boffin can have his back slapped by other boffin's and have a far off Galaxy named after him he you or I will ever visit in a trillion years.

Bullshit Science.

Slap the back of the guy who spends a Billion cleaning the piss and shite out of the drinking supply of the milions getting sick from it.

Name a clean stream after him.

Man I believe has a superiority complex he simply has to know the answer to everything and prove he can alter it change it or make it better.

Meanwhile he choses to ignore the problems he has caused on his own planet by inventing things that have ultimately speeded up the process of destroying it.

I believe in God a superior force who is  far beyond our mental scope to deal with or comprehend.

It is far easier for science to come up with a complex reason for why we are all on the glorious Blue Planet in the middle of space than to accept a greater force than them designed and made it.

Man is narcissistic he has proved this from day one.

All the Scientists in the world want their names in the Scientific Journal they all want recognition from their fellow superior egg heads.

It's a fact.

Rant over fill yer boots with that lot... :D

susi likes this

But its man that is feckin up the planet, with or without the scientists finding new stuff. Surely if the big wizard in the sky created us and is letting us make the mess we are, he should be fixing it- not the scientists?

JB90 likes this

I believe in God.

I think Science should concentrate on the things we can improve and leave all the other shite alone for now.

Before it's too late.

I do not believe in God, the whole concept of God is flawed, A guy who lives in the sky can see everything, create everything and yet he can make his humans get along, he cant provide every human with food, If I was a god and capable of doing anything I wanted then this is surely what any un-cruel (yeah I made that word up) god would do, I would also not have a building in every street across the globe and expect people to pray or be sorry for making mistakes. God is a perfect being apparently well his guidelines and methods are not perfect so in essence he can not be perfect. Also why does the man in the sky need so much money.

But Science is just a category, there are sub categories, there is people looking in to today's issues but their are also people who are looking at how we came about and even though they might not have all of the story so far, what they do have is extremely credible.

But its man that is feckin up the planet, with or without the scientists finding new stuff. Surely if the big wizard in the sky created us and is letting us make the mess we are, he should be fixing it- not the scientists?

I believe we are left to make our own decisions Neg.

From those decisions I believe we are then judged.

I think another visit from Jesus might not go amiss though....Imagine the faces of the perpetrators wrongdoing and non believers?

Some selfie that...

post-6583-0-79558600-1412684374.jpg

$2.5 Billion Dollars for The Hubble Telescope

The dearest set of Photos ever  I gather?

Meanwhile back in Bangladesh ....Rowanda....Congo kids are drinking pish for Breakfast.Lunch and Supper.

Imho; The sun is god, and the earth(our host) is the son/daughter of god. god can fry us or freeze us, mother earth can feed us/water us.

We as men and women can save ourselves by practicing goodness, love, God isn't a guy up in the sky with a wand, thats just a fairy story. Written at a time when humans had a belief that the planet was flat. A set of morals and code of a non-harmful way of living alongside eachother.

We cant save our brothers and sisters from our own vanity, we believe more in hollywood than heaven for fuck sake.

One thing is sure, we are made of atoms and dust, we are morphed by the wonder of life(a natural biological process) into something we call humans, then we die and are morphed back into atoms and dust.

We are screwing our mum earth, exploiting the living cell that which we inhabit, and it's/she's getting sick, a sick host will not sustain us.

We're all gonna die, sooner or later.

northeastghirl15 likes this

again though KD, it is not the fault of the scientists- its the warmongering politicians/ religious factions and pure selfish human beings that have helped cause the atrocities in the places you mention. Looking for answers on other planets and into the void may seem to be a futile venture in relation to helping those in need, BUT, the mass over consumption and plain ignorance of the majority of the west is more to blame than science and its followers. Banning contraception isn't helping the starving families in the third world, overcharging for medicines and supporting religious factions which do not believe in educating women..........need I go on?

Who Killed Kenny? likes this

again though KD, it is not the fault of the scientists- its the warmongering politicians/ religious factions and pure selfish human beings that have helped cause the atrocities in the places you mention. Looking for answers on other planets and into the void may seem to be a futile venture in relation to helping those in need, BUT, the mass over consumption and plain ignorance of the majority of the west is more to blame than science and its followers. Banning contraception isn't helping the starving families in the third world, overcharging for medicines and supporting religious factions which do not believe in educating women..........need I go on?

I agree a whole lot of time and effort is wasted on Religion,Science let's fix all we can fix we see before us before we spend vast resources on the things that we cannot or will not ever need.

Religion is not for me thanks.

The Vatican has untold millions in it's vaults and Bankyet we have Children starving all over the Globe?

Seems kinda Hypocritical the church should be preaching one thing and delivering another.

Only the meek will inherit the earth they will say..

Only if they don't fucking starve first I reply.

Imho; The sun is god, and the earth(our host) is the son/daughter of god. god can fry us or freeze us, mother earth can feed us/water us.

We as men and women can save ourselves by practicing goodness, love, God isn't a guy up in the sky with a wand, thats just a fairy story. Written at a time when humans had a belief that the planet was flat. A set of morals and code of a non-harmful way of living alongside eachother.

We cant save our brothers and sisters from our own vanity, we believe more in hollywood than heaven for fuck sake.

One thing is sure, we are made of atoms and dust, we are morphed by the wonder of life(a natural biological process) into something we call humans, then we die and are morphed back into atoms and dust.

We are screwing our mum earth, exploiting the living cell that which we inhabit, and it's/she's getting sick, a sick host will not sustain us.

We're all gonna die, sooner or later.

This is my point.

Harry Macari likes this

I agree a whole lot of time and effort is wasted on Religion,Science let's fix all we can fix we see before us before we spend vat resources on the things that we cannot or will not ever need.

Religion is not for me thanks.

The Vatican has untold millions in it's vaults and Bankyet we have Children starving all over the Globe?

Seems kinda Hypocritical the church should be preaching one thing and delivering another.

Only the meek will inherit the earth they will say..

Only if they don't fucking starve first I reply.

The Vatican is corrupt as is any head religion, The Queen (not a head figure in religion but across the world) has fucking walls of gold, these people don't care about me or you, we are merely peasants. 

The Vatican who promotes condoms as a sin last I heard, anyway during the HIV/AIDS epidemic and also the hunger crisis (which exists still) in Africa it was a charity organisation that went over with millions of condoms to obviously keep people safe well the vatican sent over just as many of its preacher to tell the citizens if they use the condoms they will go to hell. <-- SICK / Potentially catch HIV or bring life into a over populated planet which you will not be able to feed most days and will not have clean drinking water.

Do we need to find the creation of us probably not but it would be nice to know the facts.

Im pretty sure 500 years back that most of the world was all religious, the whole world at least 99% of people anyway but with every day passing people are starting to wake up to the same old bed time stories.

Again I am not 100% against religion I just think that people need to think a bit more for themselves this goes from RELIGION, MEDIA, POLITICIANS, THE POPE, THE QUEEN, THE BANKERS, THE CORPORATIONS, THE ENERGY COMPANYS these people do not give a flying fuck about you or anyone they want to control they want to dominate and they currently do so. 

Effectively speaking to many people TV is god. Sad but true.

northeastghirl15 and pepperami like this

Darwins theory has been blew to bits also!

Who Killed Kenny? likes this

The Vatican is corrupt as is any head religion, The Queen (not a head figure in religion but across the world) has fucking walls of gold, these people don't care about me or you, we are merely peasants. 

The Vatican who promotes condoms as a sin last I heard, anyway during the HIV/AIDS epidemic and also the hunger crisis (which exists still) in Africa it was a charity organisation that went over with millions of condoms to obviously keep people safe well the vatican sent over just as many of its preacher to tell the citizens if they use the condoms they will go to hell. <-- SICK / Potentially catch HIV or bring life into a over populated planet which you will not be able to feed most days and will not have clean drinking water.

Do we need to find the creation of us probably not but it would be nice to know the facts.

Im pretty sure 500 years back that most of the world was all religious, the whole world at least 99% of people anyway but with every day passing people are starting to wake up to the same old bed time stories.

Again I am not 100% against religion I just think that people need to think a bit more for themselves this goes from RELIGION, MEDIA, POLITICIANS, THE POPE, THE QUEEN, THE BANKERS, THE CORPORATIONS, THE ENERGY COMPANYS these people do not give a flying fuck about you or anyone they want to control they want to dominate and they currently do so. 

Effectively speaking to many people TV is god. Sad but true.

Again it goes back to my points mate the Vatican run a religion they are not the religion itself I remember reading somewhere that the Vatican is so rich no one actually has a correct figure of wealth and no one actually knows what artefacts or how muchgold lies beneath it. You are correct these people don't give a fuck about anyone but that shouldn't be confused with the religion itself it's merely man using religion for power and wealth.

http://www.vatileaks.com/_blog/Vati_Leaks/post/Satanism_in_the_Vatican/

Interesting?

Cant remember where but it says somewhere that men with white aprons and trowels will try to take the Church down from the inside @masonic ( allegedly )

Was, is, Tony Blair a mason? ( just one example am using ). Do these people infiltrate the Church? ( not saying Blair did ) but you bet your arse they do

http://www.vatileaks.com/_blog/Vati_Leaks/post/Satanism_in_the_Vatican/

Interesting?

Cant remember where but it says somewhere that men with white aprons and trowels will try to take the Church down from the inside @masonic ( allegedly )

Was, is, Tony Blair a mason? ( just one example am using ). Do these people infiltrate the Church? ( not saying Blair did ) but you bet your arse they do

Tony Blair is a mason, I believe one does not simply leave the masons and he is also a member of the skull and bones.

I've also read that much of the Nazi's secret gold is stored within the Vatican as the Vatican at the time supported Hitler's agenda. I guess it would make sense Italy does have a fair share of fascists.

I don't think yo could compare the Lodge in England with the ones in Scotland or the North of Ireland.

Different agendas I gather.

I know one who is fairly high up down here and he is bewildered at the mentality of those up the road and across the water.

He finds Bigotry abhorrent.

I notice Meth that in the original poll question you use a lower case g for "god"- does this indicate your question is in reference to any "god" or the more widely accepted (in this country anyway) Christian version?