Are you religious ?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in god?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know
  2. 2. Do you practise any religions ?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

128 posts in this topic

I don't think yo could compare the Lodge in England with the ones in Scotland or the North of Ireland.

Different agendas I gather.

I know one who is fairly high up down here and he is bewildered at the mentality of those up the road and across the water.

He finds Bigotry abhorrent.

Masons and the orange lodge are similar but not exactly the same thing. The Orange Order does have masonic influences but the masons openly accept Catholics.

Who Killed Kenny? likes this

I was brought up a Catholic but gave that up years ago. Chose don't know about God because you never know in a universe of infinite possibilities, the fact that I always capitalise "God" might say something though. 

Masons and the orange lodge are similar but not exactly the same thing. The Orange Order does have masonic influences but the masons openly accept Catholics.

Very good reason for that am sure and it wont be a good one

Those at the bottom of the Masonic ladder have no real clue as to what it is really all about #fuckingidiots

Religion has alot to answer for , its the reason the world are and have been blowing each other up for years , well the biggest reason is religion.

There's loads of religions , so everyone can't be right :lol:

One thing that makes every religion the same? 

All religions have remarkable claims without remarkable proof. 

True.

Think of it this way. 

The Celts won the big cup in 67..

2000 years from now, Do you think the future generations will doubt us? 

True.

Think of it this way. 

The Celts won the big cup in 67..

2000 years from now, Do you think the future generations will doubt us? 

I'm not sure I understand the question. 

Never knew that JB thanks for the info bud.

Btw excellent thread.

ye "gods" - 2014.... i've just glanced (quickly) at two posts on this thread: 

the big bang theory is "impossible" (i didn't know we had any science PhDs on here...)

and darwin's theories have been "disproved" (i WAS aware we had nutters on here.... but....)

crawl back to fvck under yer rocks witch hunters

g'night

the development of "god" and, latterly, religion is simply a result of early man's attempt to explain the weather..... 

northeastghirl15 likes this

Religion has alot to answer for , its the reason the world are and have been blowing each other up for years , well the biggest reason is religion.

There's loads of religions , so everyone can't be right :lol:

well, actually, the three principal "religions" responsible for most of history's slaughter - xtian / jusdaism / islam - believe in exactly the same thing and the same god - they just have different prophets

you should go and watch them all at the temple of the rock in jerusalem - it's like monty python - but funnier!

so yes: they are ALL right.... or wrong - more like

nechayev

If the big bang theory is to believed as fact why is it there has only been one big bang when the supposed elements that caused it are still around.....

Over to you big bang guys. ;)

ok - this makes absolutely no sense 

take a deep breath and ask your question - cos this one is not really cutting it....

neither time nor space are linear or fixed - it's all a theory - THEORY.... scientists are very wary of what they give the nomencalture of "fact" to.... that's why they're scientists... ;-)

Scientist can not be bought, maybe in some case but not a scientist worth his salt or the energy companies would have done so to shut them up about climate change. 

The way I see it is Scientists say this is a theory we have and instead of sticking to their guns and defending it to the death they simply try and prove it and try to disprove it. When they are wrong they admit it. Scientists dont know everything but at least they look for every possible explanation.

I saw a post today on facebook it was about the US army plane that fell in England and someone said God must have been looking out for the pilot if he ejected in time < -- No there's a thing called an eject button which when pushed releases springs to allow the pilot to exit the plane when the engine has fucked up.

Here's a wee story I found very interesting by Dr Michio Kaku  (skip to 2:20 for the story)

ye "gods" - 2014.... i've just glanced (quickly) at two posts on this thread: 

the big bang theory is "impossible" (i didn't know we had any science PhDs on here...)

and darwin's theories have been "disproved" (i WAS aware we had nutters on here.... but....)

crawl back to fvck under yer rocks witch hunters

g'night

the development of "god" and, latterly, religion is simply a result of early man's attempt to explain the weather..... 

Very constructive post ya complete fucking BELLEND

We await your knowledge of fucking great one

P.S. You just confirmed we have complete tits on here who post random pish 

Fucking bellend roaster

P.S. Dont let the scientists brainwash you lol . Ironic 

ok - this makes absolutely no sense 

take a deep breath and ask your question - cos this one is not really cutting it....

neither time nor space are linear or fixed - it's all a theory - THEORY.... scientists are very wary of what they give the nomencalture of "fact" to.... that's why they're scientists... ;-)

Single organism oh great one with all knowledge?

I am from a mixed family. Dad Catholic, Mum Protestant. I was raised Catholic to please my Dads side, They are quite bitter, Irish backround etc.. Religion wasn't really practised in my household. I occasionaly went to Chapel with my Dad, And Church with my Mum. This wasn't very often.

I beleive in God in my own way, I dont go to Mass. I consider myself a little lost in understanding it all, and find myself questioning myself regularly. I do occasionaly pray before I go to sleep. I am not a hater of other Religions, and respect others beliefs. I don't like nutters using religion for conflict reasons. 

(Away to stick on BOTOB now) :lol:

im not religious I Don't believe in God or Heaven i just believe Religion is a money making con the Bible is just lies sorry this is just my opinion 

kevza likes this

If the almighty one does exists (in my opinion he doesn't exist) and I get to the entrance of heaven and he says "so JB90 (Aye ma forum name is my birthname kinda like R2D2) what have you done to earn to earn a place in the holy kingdom" al say to the man "You listen to me pal, ya nutcase that ye are. I've done no harm to no cunt who never asked for it, I've lived my life as peacefully as I could and I have helped others when I can, so either ye gie me a spot in here or am gonna tell Russia Today that your harbouring murders, paedophiles, rapists, necrophiliacs, slave owners, abusers of faith and high powers, crooks and conmen along with mass murderers here only because they believe in you and some how thats greater than what I done even though I am none of these things" then he will say "Your going to hell" and al say "Well at least its warmer than Scotland ya spooky bastard"

northeastghirl15 likes this

my dear departed mother always said if there was such a thing as heaven she wouldn't want to go anyway as she would be too lonely, although she also told the hospice nurse when giving her personal details that she was a Pagan!

JB90 likes this