Are you religious ?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in god?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know
  2. 2. Do you practise any religions ?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

128 posts in this topic

Religion has alot to answer for , its the reason the world are and have been blowing each other up for years , well the biggest reason is religion.

There's loads of religions , so everyone can't be right :lol:

Right religion is the reason celtic hate rangers too right? Strange though how you can have a fan like you who isn't either. Ignoring the facts and pointing at religion is fun though, it's a very easy target. Fuck those "cultural" reasons like Irish vs British, or those "cultural" reasons for ISIS like Sunni vs Shiite class oppression, Islam is at fault for that one.... Or the African tribes who've converted to Christianity and are still killing each other, we'll blame religion on that one too. I'm totally open to the opinions of others unless it's just trash talk.

The worst part is how people choose not to have any faith what so ever just because of their wild accusations of the Vatican or their finger pointing at Islamic terrorists... That has nothing to do with you or your spirituality so feel free to make an unbiased decision.

Also and to echo nech, it's all different interpretations of the same message, they CAN all be right

my dear departed mother always said if there was such a thing as heaven she wouldn't want to go anyway as she would be too lonely, although she also told the hospice nurse when giving her personal details that she was a Pagan!

where ever u mammy is today  hope she is resting in peace. xxx

northeastghirl15 likes this

where ever u mammy is today  hope she is resting in peace. xxx

I think she has come back in my grand niece, she is a wee monster who as they say "has been here before". it's rather fun to watch. Thanks for the sentiment, it may be coming up15 years but I still miss her every day. :(

Right religion is the reason celtic hate rangers too right? Strange though how you can have a fan like you who isn't either. Ignoring the facts and pointing at religion is fun though, it's a very easy target. Fuck those "cultural" reasons like Irish vs British, or those "cultural" reasons for ISIS like Sunni vs Shiite class oppression, Islam is at fault for that one.... Or the African tribes who've converted to Christianity and are still killing each other, we'll blame religion on that one too. I'm totally open to the opinions of others unless it's just trash talk.

The worst part is how people choose not to have any faith what so ever just because of their wild accusations of the Vatican or their finger pointing at Islamic terrorists... That has nothing to do with you or your spirituality so feel free to make an unbiased decision.

Also and to echo nech, it's all different interpretations of the same message, they CAN all be right

The reason Celtic and Rangers hate each other is not solely down to religion it may be a large part but it's there is also other factors, location(Glasgow), competitive(Who can win the SPL, who has the more prestige history), politically (left-centre v right), Green v Blue... however Religion is also why these 2 teams are so big throughout the world. Someone once said if Rangers were not a predominatly Proddy team and Celtic not a predominatly Catholic team then most people in Scotland would support their local teams and I agree to a certain extent...

That being said I support Celtic for non religious reasons and was raised in a hun breeding household. 

No celtic and rangers started off friendly religion never came into for years and plus there are fans who hate them for rivalry and that only so dont put everyone in the same bracket, its naive.

My comment on everyone cant be right was tongue in cheek hence the smiley, dont get yer y fronts in a twist.

The reason Celtic and Rangers hate each other is not solely down to religion it may be a large part but it's there is also other factors, location(Glasgow), competitive(Who can win the SPL, who has the more prestige history), politically (left-centre v right), Green v Blue... however Religion is also why these 2 teams are so big throughout the world. Someone once said if Rangers were not a predominatly Proddy team and Celtic not a predominatly Catholic team then most people in Scotland would support their local teams and I agree to a certain extent...

That being said I support Celtic for non religious reasons and was raised in a hun breeding household.

That's just it. The rest of the world sees the old firm as a religious battle when in fact religion makes up virtually no part of it. I mean I've been to church all my life and never heard to hate other football fans. The problem I'm pointing out is many of us are guilty of the exact same thing with events we don't understand. We assume something is a religious war/struggle/violence/murder etc when really religion AND ESPECIALLY GOD has nothing to do with it.

No celtic and rangers started off friendly religion never came into for years and plus there are fans who hate them for rivalry and that only so dont put everyone in the same bracket, its naive.

My comment on everyone cant be right was tongue in cheek hence the smiley, dont get yer y fronts in a twist.

Yes my point is religion itself has very little to do with the "old firm". Religion also has very little to do with the violence going on in the world to which you seem quick to point your finger.

Let's use Israel for example. Stereotypical religious war when really it all comes down to politics, land and power. Now "old firm" stereotypical religious rivalry right? I think most of us agree it's much more political etc. even back in the day. One is obviously more extreme then the other but virtually the exact same scenario.

While yer at it coly, when did i say i was neither ? Or are you just having a wild guess?

The persistent anti religion posts lead me on I guess.

"Religion also has very little to do with the violence going on in the world to which you seem quick to point your finger"

Utter tripe , its the main reason.

"The persistent anti religion posts lead me on I guess"

Can you show me these posts? Ive made 1 post on religion before i replied to you, id like to see the others ive done to be persistant.

"Religion also has very little to do with the violence going on in the world to which you seem quick to point your finger"

Utter tripe , its the main reason.

Religion is just as much a reason as culture differences, ethnicity, gender, language, people will always find a reason to dislike each other. No major religion says to hurt others and impose your beliefs on them, defend your religion yes with arms if necessary but not be the aggressor. What you are blaming is humans being imperfect, gullible, blind, angry, jealous, closed minded, basically humans being human. You can blame God all you want.

And I'm not going to spent like 2 hours goin through your past posts on threads, if you don't remember that's fine lol

Does LACK of religion not cause wars ??

Not saying it does but curious as to any answers anybody may have

So easy to jump on the " religion causes wars " wagon so surely the pendulum swings both ways?

Or is it propaganda time?

Am totally cool with anybodys beliefs btw ! Just putting it out there

Does LACK of religion not cause wars ??

Not saying it does but curious as to any answers anybody may have

So easy to jump on the " religion causes wars " wagon so surely the pendulum swings both ways?

Or is it propaganda time?

Am totally cool with anybodys beliefs btw ! Just putting it out there

Well, there are many things that divide us in day to day life such as Religion, Race and Class to name a few but in my personal opinion everything thats been going on since 9/11 possibly before is religious... Look at the Christian crusades by the knights templar estimated that they killed 9 million people over religion yes it was hundreds of years ago but the fact is we still kill each other over religion. 

Its true if you got rid of religion it would not heal the world but it would not hurt it, its one less thing that we can use against each other.

Well, there are many things that divide us in day to day life such as Religion, Race and Class to name a few but in my personal opinion everything thats been going on since 9/11 possibly before is religious... Look at the Christian crusades by the knights templar estimated that they killed 9 million people over religion yes it was hundreds of years ago but the fact is we still kill each other over religion. 

Its true if you got rid of religion it would not heal the world but it would not hurt it, its one less thing that we can use against each other.

No having a dig ma man but look into Masonic teachings  ( Islam is full of it also )

Dont look at the ones at the bottom of the ladder!   Dive a bit deeper and see where it gets you   ;)

Started well before 911 btw!

Also if you look into the peado aspect of Religion and dive way deep it might surprise you. Religion is used as a good or bad thing all depending what side of fence you are more comfortable on

Shovel out time  ;)

The crusades were due to the greed of pope urban and other clergy, and religion was the blanket that covered the true reason. He was scared of Islam in the Middle East because within decades they were close to the size of the Roman Empire.

If you got rid of religion maybe things in the world would be less violent. But I suppose you can say the same about race. If everyone was white would you agree there might be less wars? Or if everyone had "western culture" there would be less killing too right?

The crusades were due to the greed of pope urban and other clergy, and religion was the blanket that covered the true reason. He was scared of Islam in the Middle East because within decades they were close to the size of the Roman Empire.

If you got rid of religion maybe things in the world would be less violent. But I suppose you can say the same about race. If everyone was white would you agree there might be less wars? Or if everyone had "western culture" there would be less killing too right?

and masons to name but one!!!

It wasnt all about religion, that was used as a smokescreen 

Propaganda at its best and same shit we are being fed today!!

Did the vote fixing not teach u anything???

Corrupt to the core m8 and peddle their own myth to please the people and suit their own agenda

Religion is just as much a reason as culture differences, ethnicity, gender, language, people will always find a reason to dislike each other. No major religion says to hurt others and impose your beliefs on them, defend your religion yes with arms if necessary but not be the aggressor. What you are blaming is humans being imperfect, gullible, blind, angry, jealous, closed minded, basically humans being human. You can blame God all you want.

And I'm not going to spent like 2 hours goin through your past posts on threads, if you don't remember that's fine lol

Again bullshit imo but your allowed your opinion, 1 example is getting 7 virgins when they die or what ever that nonsense is,killing for their religion they are brainwashed dont try mask it as human error lol

Thats a fucking cop out at the end of your post, you accuse then cant back up and tell me to go look for something thats not their, nice way to avoid being wrong and talking shite to wriggle out your accusations.

Im a catholic BTW , theres a fact for you so you dont get all muddled up next time you hurl silly accusations.

Good day to you sir :)

Again bullshit imo but your allowed your opinion, 1 example is getting 7 virgins when they die or what ever that nonsense is,killing for their religion they are brainwashed dont try mask it as human error lol

Thats a fucking cop out at the end of your post, you accuse then cant back up and tell me to go look for something thats not their, nice way to avoid being wrong and talking shite to wriggle out your accusations.

Im a catholic BTW , theres a fact for you so you dont get all muddled up next time you hurl silly accusations.

Good day to you sir :)

Utter pish

Your average Extremist won't get out of bed in the morning for less than 50 Virgin's ..... :rolleyes:

JB90 likes this

No having a dig ma man but look into Masonic teachings  ( Islam is full of it also )

Dont look at the ones at the bottom of the ladder!   Dive a bit deeper and see where it gets you   ;)

Also if you look into the peado aspect of Religion and dive way deep it might surprise you. Religion is used as a good or bad thing all depending what side of fence you are more comfortable on

Shovel out time  ;)

I know that it started well before 9/11 lol what I mean is its like non stop on the media since 9/11 could have been before but I was only 10 so I didn't really watch news.

Shovel out time  ;)

I know that it started well before 9/11 lol what I mean is its like non stop on the media since 9/11

Hey lets no turn this into ethnic cleansing I'm no saying that and every country should have their own culture fuck the western culture its not even a culture anymore the only page left in western culture is consumerism.

Being white myself I see no problem with any other races. I am not proud to be white because its not something I chose to be so am no like these White is right and PROUD TO BE BRITISH lunatics. 

Utter pish

Your average Extremist won't get out of bed in the morning for less than 50 Virgin's ..... :rolleyes:

ALLAH GOT HOES BY THA DOZEN

Now I am not a religious type, but I do know lots of people who benefit deeply from their faith so I don't dissy it.

I also don't think it's right to blame religion for all the worlds' ills- no matter the huge amounts of atrocities we can attribute to followers of different religions. The interpretation of the many different versions of basically the same story has caused the basic ethos to be "slightly" taken out of context. If we look back to earliest writings we have from ancient cultures, there was still murder, land feuds and ritual slaughter. Our closest primate relatives genetically, also have some similar traits when it comes to the "ownership" of land, females and food so we can't use the "nasty human" argument either.

So basically if we could all just chill out and accept our fellow inhabitants of this amazing planet and try not to be nasty, greedy and untruthfull then we cold perhaps get on a lot better?

just a thought from an aging hippie. ;)

Who Killed Kenny? likes this

Now I am not a religious type, but I do know lots of people who benefit deeply from their faith so I don't dissy it.

I also don't think it's right to blame religion for all the worlds' ills- no matter the huge amounts of atrocities we can attribute to followers of different religions. The interpretation of the many different versions of basically the same story has caused the basic ethos to be "slightly" taken out of context. If we look back to earliest writings we have from ancient cultures, there was still murder, land feuds and ritual slaughter. Our closest primate relatives genetically, also have some similar traits when it comes to the "ownership" of land, females and food so we can't use the "nasty human" argument either.

So basically if we could all just chill out and accept our fellow inhabitants of this amazing planet and try not to be nasty, greedy and untruthfull then we cold perhaps get on a lot better?

just a thought from an aging hippie. ;)

Good post that Neg