Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Bhoy_1981

Tonev found guilty of racially abusing Shay Logan:

133 posts in this topic

316481-celtic-star-aleksandar-tonev-leav

Celtic's Aleksandar Tonev has been handed a seven-match ban by the Scottish FA for racially abusing Shay Logan.

The Bulgarian winger was found guilty of breaching of disciplinary rule 202: Excessive Misconduct by the use of offensive, insulting and abusive language of a racist nature during September's match.

It means Tonev is unlikely to play for the club again with his loan deal set to expire in January.

Celtic announced they would be appealing the decision, stating: "Racism has no place in football and as a Club for all people, Celtic absolutely abhors racism of any kind.

"This was a very unfortunate case, but the Club has accepted Aleksandar’s explanation that he did not say the words that were alleged to have been said and that he is not a racist.

"We are, therefore, very disappointed by the outcome today and can confirm that Aleksandar will be appealing this decision.”

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes also attended the judicial panel hearing at Hampden Park following his role in alerting referee Bobby Madden to the incident in the second half of their 2-1 defeat to Celtic at Parkhead on September 13.

An original hearing date of October 9 was postponed as the 24-year-old was away on international duty with Bulgaria.

Tonev has made ten appearances for the Parkhead club since joining on loan from Aston Villa in the summer transfer window.

He's let the club down he shouldn't be allowed in the hoops again..

I'm on both sides of the fence here. Can't get me head around it. If its just one mans word against another then that is not proof. 

If however we find out they have more evidence then get him da fuk out of here ASAP. 

JJ likes this

I'm on both sides of the fence here. Can't get me head around it. If its just one mans word against another then that is not proof. 

If however we find out they have more evidence then get him da fuk out of here ASAP. 

my thoughts exactly.

Sorry but he's been found guilty send him back thanks but no thanks Tonev you had a second chance at playing for the Celtic  and blew it.

I struggle to believe the other player simply made this up.

He must have said something.

this is a farce. there is no evidence to prove he said anything. one mans word against another is not fair judgement. if there was video evidence of him saying it i would agree that he should never play for us again but until then innocent until PROVEN guilty!

this is a farce. there is no evidence to prove he said anything. one mans word against another is not fair judgement. if there was video evidence of him saying it i would agree that he should never play for us again but until then innocent until PROVEN guilty!

Spot on , he's been shite at us but that doesn't mean we don't back him unless there stone hard proof he done wrong , his word v tonevs isn't proof

Spot on , he's been shite at us but that doesn't mean we don't back him unless there stone hard proof he done wrong , his word v tonevs isn't proof

Tonev said Celtic had 3/4 different videos of the incident and he said nothing on any of them.

Its a strange one. 

I'm not the SFA's biggest fan but considering its racism, its not about our club, Tonev is hardly a key player, its about the player, if anyone thinks the SFA is doing this to get one over on Celtic I think you need to look at the situation because Tonev banned for 7 games hardly effects us, him on the other hand has his reputation ruined at the moment. 

Yep. Without evidence from a 3rd party, it's fuckin nonsense. 

I can't believe it would be merely one man's word over another, there must surely be more evidence to justify a seven game ban. If we really are certain he didn't do it then an appeal is absolutely essential for his and the clubs reputation, as well as simply for the fact of rejecting a false allegation. I just hope it is actually being denied for legitimate reasons.But if the judgement holds and is correct, then he must go. There is no place for false accusations of any kind, but neither for racists, bigots and the legitimately accused.

The way I see it is he's on Loan looking for a gig at Celtic at the moment he's not our player and so in the light of this finding be sent back to Villa until he clears his own name.

Why should the reputation of Celtic suffer in any way because of one man's inability to keep his personal views to himself?

So far he's been found guilty...so in light of that we have to take it as it stands.

That should be enough for Celtic to make a decision in my book. ie gtf.

Something was said it's up to Tonev to clear his own name.

He's not crucial to our side  so he should go away sort out his own mess with his own Lawyers then come back if he feels he want's to after clearing his own name.