Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gazzola

Leigh Griffiths

33 posts in this topic

Leigh is now 25 the age where strikers are either hitting their peak or are close to it and its becoming obvious at just how good a player that Leigh is becoming. He's had a frightening, lightning start to this season 10games and 7 goals so far, 3 of those in europe in spl  5 played 4 scored in europe and 5 played 3 scored in europe. keep in mind that he was benched for 3 or 4 of the 5 euro games and its all the more remarkable.

If he maintains that ration for the full season and plays 40 games then he will have netted 28 goals for the season- a great return b any accounts.

The biggest change in Leigh has been his attitude and general demeanour, he is quickly becoming like broonie in his appraoch to the game and how he plays, chasing the lost causes, never giving up and he copes with the pressure of needing to score within an hour as ronny likes to swap frontmen after the hour mark and he has risen to the challenge superbly.

Im not sure whether the addition of Cifci has been a catalyst for him as he seems to be even more determined to guarentee a starting berth.

also the variety of goals that he has been scoring has been top notch, long range, headers of all variety, quick instinctive strikes fromminside the box and creating his own oppurtunites when collecting the ball around the box.

right now i cant praise him highly enough and his off the feild issues have been largely irradicated. 

Oh and he has proven that he can and will score goals at any level against any opposition.

theres not even a striker in recent history of our that i can compare him with we havent had a pacey trickey striker thats scores for fun since maybe bellamy but he wasnt prolific like liegh

I agree, he's performing well obviously but the most pleasing aspect has been how well he has matured. Who would have thought a few years ago that Leigh Griffiths would become an example of a great professional? Our challenge now is keeping hold of him!

I hope somewhere Tony Watt is watching and learning that all the skill in the world is nothing without hard work and a good attitude. 

Gazzola likes this