Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Bhoy_1981

The Ronny Deila thread:

49 posts in this topic

97771eab00b2f7f9cfda2e5aa724f171.png

Love him or hate him? 

A wee thread to voice your thoughts on all things Ronny. 

Keep it to the topic and please no personal attacks on other members no matter what peoples view are on him.

Since Xmas the football has bee great. Before xmas Ronny was on the brink if u ask me. He was a matter of games away from the fans wanting him sacked. He was a few results away from cracking too if u ask me.

I don't think anyone was calling for his head at any point. Fans were worried where we were going and have every right to point this out.

At the end of the day if u pay for a season ticket you can voice your concerns on how you see things going. If you put no money into the club that u support then your also entitled to your views, the fact you have invested nothing in the club might not make u as on edge as the unhappy season ticket holders.

Hail Hail Ronny, keep up the good work and keep winning us over.

A thing I like about Ronny is how he uses subs. He protects players who need it. We seen this time and time again, he is always thinking of the player and to the next game. 

Nice to see. 

In Lenny's 1st season he said he wanted 2 teams. One for the league and one for Europe. Of course both teams would have a core selection but he could rest the European players and still reply on his SPL players. 

However Lenny never had the players to do this.

Ronny now can have 2 teams as we have a great back up for nearly every spot. He is using the squad really well. 

Huge fan. We had a poor start to the season, particularly in Europe but the transformation he has led at Celtic in under a season has been exceptional. He has taken a fairly old fashioned team, with a fairly dull style and got them playing a modernised version of "The Celtic Way".

His development of some players has been excellent. Johansen has turned into one of our very best players, he has brought Griffiths and Commons round to his way of thinking, and brought out a lot in Bitton and we are seeing more from Henderson in a wide role.

There was a lot of criticism even up until the new year, but I felt that was unwarranted, particularly from October onwards we were creating 4-10 clear cut chances in every game .

Overall, very pleasing. Glad to see the fans getting behind him and the team showing real consistency

I've been bickering about this guy since he arrived, hot and cold, mostly cold, especially before and around Christmas, but what I've seen since then has been all good. The style of play he talked about wanting to bring to Celtic has arrived I think and is starting to produce very good performances.

I don't blame him for the CL fiascos - we needed a lead striker since Hooper left and the board did the usual wait and see shite and it backfired big time, couldn't have been worse - that's what cost us £14m in CL revenue. Broonie's injury was a big loss.

However, Ronny did test out the whole damn squad - everyone got their chance, more than once, to step up and it took time to test them out. We wouldn't have seen McGregor, Henderson or O'Connell without Ronny. He has also made better players out of Lustig, Matthews, Bitton, Izzy, Griffiths and Johansen, made good use of Virgil and Denayer and got great value now out of Broonie. Commons has signed and settled. GMS and Armstrong are Celtic quality signings for very little cash.

Three competitions we can win for a historic treble. If we overcome Inter on Thursday - as well as being historic in Italy - I think we'll win the Europa Cup. Just my view. The team strengthens with every game, maybe Inter comes just too early, maybe beating a team of that quality if just beyond us. No matter.

A few trophies under the belt will set the club up for the adventure of the next few years and Ronny has played a huge role in bringing that about. No one wants Celtic to be like Bolton.

HH

is this a new thread? im confused here

Yeah KD got pissed off, deleted every thread he ever set up and left the site.

So I have set up this one as the Ronny thread always had a good debate going on it. 

Long may the Ronny debate continue. 

JJ likes this

the way things are going  under Ronnie- there won't be much to debate, it will be more a celebrate.

Although its a shame KD has launched his toys, we could be a good laugh and was always good at keeping things interesting.

Yeah KD got pissed off, deleted every thread he ever set up and left the site.

So I have set up this one as the Ronny thread always had a good debate going on it.

Long may the Ronny debate continue.

When and y did KD leave?

That could be our only department to sort out. Along with 1 more front man. Midfield is sorted. Keeper is sorted. Bench is sorted too.

Maybe we should go for a bit of experience at the back instead of untested