Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Bhoy_1981

Celtic v's Dundee United - League Cup Final - Sun 15th March:

119 posts in this topic

That mob had one man sent off whose card will be withdrawn for mistaken identity. He'll be in the final. Butcher will not get that red card instead, because that's not how it works. We won't have Virgil tho - and he shouldn't have been sent off at all.

Anyway, we have more than enough to tackle them properly. If we can get Commons back in for Johansen and play Guidetti from the start with Griffiths, with Bitton and Broonie and toughen up a back four, we should have enough to deal with them.

United are all effort, with only Ciftci as a stand out. We have too much class to be denied.

Funny, one of the o ly ways there is to ha doe better class is to get kicking and bookings and sendings off. Which is how United went about the game.

HH

pepperami likes this

That mob had one man sent off whose card will be withdrawn for mistaken identity. He'll be in the final. Butcher will not get that red card instead, because that's not how it works. We won't have Virgil tho - and he shouldn't have been sent off at all.

Anyway, we have more than enough to tackle them properly. If we can get Commons back in for Johansen and play Guidetti from the start with Griffiths, with Bitton and Broonie and toughen up a back four, we should have enough to deal with them.

United are all effort, with only Ciftci as a stand out. We have too much class to be denied.

Funny, one of the o ly ways there is to ha doe better class is to get kicking and bookings and sendings off. Which is how United went about the game.

HH

BL Guidette on from the start you got to be kidding he is nothing but a fucking cart horse I have seen more movement from a 3 month old baby.

BL Guidette on from the start you got to be kidding he is nothing but a fucking cart horse I have seen more movement from a 3 month old baby.

Its gonna be a hard game. GMS & Armstrong are again both cup tied and we missed them more than United did. VVD banned. Lusitg and Matthews injured. Brown might also find himself banned if the game yesterday is re looked at. Kris Commons reckons he should of been sent off. Stokes was crap yesterday. Stefan was not focused enough. Wasting chances, however he did produce a magic pass for the goal. The more the game went on wee James came into it so I would start him for this one. I don't want to see JG anywhere near the starting line up. He is a donkey! 

Gordon

Fisher Jason Ambrose Izzy

Brown Bitton

Forrest Commons Henderson

Griffiths

wakaso, tonev and berget have barely managed to get 10 games between them, ok berget is gone but still we have these guys in the wings and they never get in.

with no gms or armstrong surely its time to remove stokes from wide left and try either of these guys

Ill go with

GORDON

FISHER DENAYER VVD/AMBROSE IZZY

BROONIE BITON

FOREST JOHANSSEN WAKASO

GRIFFITHS

OR

GORDON DENAYER VVD/AMBROSE IZZY

BROON BITON

MCGREGOR JONHANSSEN FOREST

GRIFFITHS

IF WERE GOING 3-5-2

GORDON

VVD AMBROSE DENAYER

FOREST BROWN BITON JOHANSEN WAKASO

SCEPO GRIFFITHS

I would have McGregor nowhere near the team. He started so brightly then went cold. I would have Forrest in before him. .

Again it's game time mate players need regular games he was playing and was doing well he got injured or dropped hasn't had a look in since point is we have way to many midfielders aswell we need to narrow them down so we are playing less players but more.

If we appeal the red card for VVD he can play. I'd rather he played next week as its a final.

Normally an appeal is heard 2 weeks after the date but with VVD the Sfa will hear it on Thursday.

What a fucking joke, can't believe ciftci hasn't been charged today with kicking brown in head

What a fucking joke, can't believe ciftci hasn't been charged today with kicking brown in head

The game is being looked at tomorrow by the compliance officer. More bans to follow. 

Nadir Ciftci devastated to miss Scottish League Cup final after Dundee United striker picks up one-match suspension.  

• Nadir Ciftci was booked in the League Cup semi-final with Aberdeen.
  • Ciftci's will miss the League Cup final.
  •  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2935146/Nadir-Ciftci-devastated-miss-Scottish-League-Cup-final-Dundee-United-striker-picks-one-match-suspension.html

Nadir Ciftci devastated to miss Scottish League Cup final after Dundee United striker picks up one-match suspension.  

• Nadir Ciftci was booked in the League Cup semi-final with Aberdeen.
  • Ciftci's will miss the League Cup final.
  •  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2935146/Nadir-Ciftci-devastated-miss-Scottish-League-Cup-final-Dundee-United-striker-picks-one-match-suspension.html

Ok now I'm hearing he appealed this and it went in his way with a not proven verdict.

Does anyone know if this is true?  

Ciftci has been cited for a kick at Brown, where his boot connected with the Celtic player’s face, apparently in retaliation for what he felt was an unfair challenge from Brown.

The United striker is already suspended for Sunday’s League Cup final and has now been offered the chance to accept a two match ban. The club have until 3pm on Wednesday to respond.