The_Bhoy_1981

Stokes for sale:

Are you happy for him to now move on?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy for him to now move on?

• YES
    • NO

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Hearing reports that Stokes was told on Tuesday that he is no longer in Ronny's plans and he may now leave if an offer of 1.5 million comes in for him. 

He is also up due up in court soon on his assault charges. 

Celtic seem to be washing there hands of him before this. 

Celtic have told striker Anthony Stokes his Parkhead career is effectively over

Edited by The_Bhoy_1981

I voted yes I think his time at Celtic is done.

I would also hope Derk follows him out the door for he is evidently a complete waste of a wage.

Cannot see Stokes ousting Armstrong or GM-S from the left now myself.

Not sure about this, always thought stokes was a hard worker. Hopefully Ciftci turns into the striker we all wish he was and we forget all about stokes but it's hard to tell who is better at this point

I voted yes I think his time at Celtic is done.

I would also hope Derk follows him out the door for he is evidently a complete waste of a wage.

Cannot see Stokes ousting Armstrong or GM-S from the left now myself.

I been saying it since we signed gms and Armstrong I like stokes he's a good player but I don't think he has it in him to take us where we wanna be  griffiths, gms , Armstrong , johanson, Forrest , brown , Biton ,commons and now ciftci from midfield to attack I just couldn't see where he slots in ahead of any of these guys

Not sure about this, always thought stokes was a hard worker. Hopefully Ciftci turns into the striker we all wish he was and we forget all about stokes but it's hard to tell who is better at this point

I don't think ciftci is our answer sadly I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it at this time that doesn't mean he can't be useful to us in other ways 

Stokes has never been our #1 striker, he has always been our best #2. At the moment it's clear that Griffiths is our #2 striker at the moment. Stokes is behind Griffiths and Scepovic just isn't good enough.

I think Ronny want to free up some space for a new striker that can compete with Ciftci to be our #1 striker. I don't think it'll be a big budget player, I would like to see us bring in a young promising talent for <£1m or on loan, aged 17-19.

Stokes has been deployed on the left for over 2 years now.

The reason being he is not main striker material he is far better in the supporting role as proven with Hooper under Lenny.

Thing is now we have GM-S and Armstrong playing on the left Stokes has become surplus to requirement.

I fear Scepovic is another duffer unable to cope with the high demands of delivery at Celtic.

Time we bought some proven talent in Europe and stop fucking about with could be's and will be's or as in the case of Balde works in progress.

Edited by Kennys Dugleash

Might sound dumb but I quite fancy him to stay I'd rather we hadn't bought Ciftci

If buying we should be bringing more players in from Dutch league yes Boerrigter might be a waste but van Dijk is a future contender for the Dutch back 4.  

If Ciftci doesn't work out get rid quick just like Miku before him

northeastghirl15 likes this

Might sound dumb but I quite fancy him to stay I'd rather we hadn't bought Ciftci

If buying we should be bringing more players in from Dutch league yes Boerrigter might be a waste but van Dijk is a future contender for the Dutch back 4.  

If Ciftci doesn't work out get rid quick just like Miku before him

Ciftci had a very good game against Qarabag his hold up and link up play was excellent and I doubt Stokes could lead the line with similar effect.

Stokes has played 27 European games at Celtic and his goal return has been 2.

That's simply abysmal for a Celtic Striker.

When you consider McGregor has 3 goals from Midfield already that shows you how poor his return rate has been.

after Saturdays display by Scepovic, I really think we should be hanging on to Stokes if we can. I know he will never be #1 but Scepovic was pedestrian at best.

haven't seen the game yet but scepovic hasn't played for a while he needs a run of games before we truly know if he has it or not 

JJ likes this

haven't seen the game yet but scepovic hasn't played for a while he needs a run of games before we truly know if he has it or not 

Scepovic has the next 5 League games to make an impact I think whilst Ciftci serves his ban if he does not score in that time I think he will be punted.

agree mate, he was in form near the start of last season , on a run of games scoring in each i canny mind if it was 4 games on the bounce then he was mysteriously dropped for the next game.

agree mate, he was in form near the start of last season , on a run of games scoring in each i canny mind if it was 4 games on the bounce then he was mysteriously dropped for the next game.

he also scored a couple of important goals in Europe something sadly stokes hasn't achieved I believe scepovic is getting the rough end of the stick due in part of him signing as Ronnie became manager and the system changed 

JJ likes this

he also scored a couple of important goals in Europe something sadly stokes hasn't achieved I believe scepovic is getting the rough end of the stick due in part of him signing as Ronnie became manager and the system changed 

if memory serves right, stokes has scored 1 against the old team, or won a penalty i cannot remember , done sweet fuckall in europe, he is a SPFL player at best and still he cant get in the starting 11 , id take 500k for him and thats generous for me, not a big time player, scepovic has has a run, done the biz and was dropped, madness.

i dont like the 2 wingers/attack with 1 up , its easily managed by a team that knows our style, hence not many chances in 4 games in europe, strajman were shite and we made it look hard, same with this mob, we are relying on johansen, steven and armstrong to support the lone man up top who is not good enough himself  to play that role, he needs a runner he cant hold up play then take on the entire defence, we see it and hopefully ronnie does, he is stubborn as we seen last year.

fucking get 2 up front and lets start smashing these teams, we arent a defensive club, we want goals.

argument will be " as long as we get through" yeah but that only lasts so long, to get through this next stage we must play 2 up top at home at least.

Scepovic should be out the door also. It's clear he not only isn't going to be the striker Celtic thought he was, but he also isn't going to get any game time at all under Ronny. Let's not have yet another player hoovering up cash for years to save the faces of those who signed him.

While we're at it, if the likes of Rogic aren't up for it either, ship them fucking out. No point having the poor mouth on when we have far too many players at the club as decoration and all costly.

Stokes was never a Euro option, but that never stopped him being placed in that role. Unless there is a miracle turnaround in Cifcti's fortunes - and I was one of those pleased to see him bought - he will end up huffing and puffing like so many other Celtic 'forwards' of recent times. Look at the hours he's played for. Elric so far, from Icelandic part timers to Ross County and not even a shot on target. Isn't a hitman and doesn't do assists.

Also, it strikes me the return of Forrest has stifled the style of GMS and Armstrong who were such whirlwinds at the end of last season, running amok. Forrest's performance midweek, especially his failure of nerve when in the box with the keeper, was embarrassing and could have been very costly.

We have needed a decent honest striker for two years. Griff has done his best but isn't fully up to the mark in Europe. Currently, CELTIC HAS NO ONE ELSE. That can't be a sensible policy.

We need to score against Malmo at home and not concede. Stating the blinding obvious again. Do we have to hope Boyata has his lucky boots on again?

HH

Bit harsh on Forrest Bobby yeah he lacked composure when he was in front of goal but he hasn't played much and he himself created that chance single handed He took out there whole defence with a single run something we lacked in both ties against them thought we looked sharper for him coming on. Johanssen was the big disappointment that night especially as we know he's better than that.

scepo his confidence must now be shot to bits and I don't blame him he needs games he could also do with having a striker as a partner.

ive not been impressed with Ciftci seems to over complicate things not the striker we need but I do think he can be useful in other ways.