kevza

Carlton Cole?

39 posts in this topic

Former Chelsea and West Ham striker Carlton Cole will train with Celtic this week with a view to signing.

The 31-year-old free agent, who left the Upton Park club during the summer, was at Celtic Park on Sunday to watch the champions' 6-0 win over Dundee.

"We will have talks with him and see him in training as well, this week, I think," said Celtic manager Ronny Deila of Cole, capped seven times by England.

"We will see if it is something that will happen or not."

Deila added: "It is not [a trial]. He has been in London his whole life, so he has to see what he is coming to and then we will see if it is something that he likes and we like as well.

"I think he is a very good football player and he shown in the Premier League and also the Championship that he can score goals and he is different to what we have.

BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34310303

WIKI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlton_Cole

No one in England wants him, clearly.

He needs to try us out for a week because he's always lived in London? You know because Glasgow is like living in a cave, we only just got leccy and inside toilets. 

Also have we not learned our lesson about strikers who gave us a knock back changing their tune? At least Scepovic only took two days. Can this guy even be registered for Europe? If not total waste of money on a stop-gap measure when Griffiths is scoring regularly and Ciftci has now started scoring. 

I would imagine in Celtic terms CC would be on pretty high wages. Save it and buy in January or the start of next summer.  

MafieMcCue likes this

Carlton Cole hmmm' personally I'm thinking FuQ No!!!!!

according to most CC has no real strengths and has significant weaknesses like 1 passing  2 holding the ball  and is also weak at 3 discipline 4 defensive contribution . His style if you can call it that means he is a threat yep I agree but to no one else but us.

He is definitely different I will give RD that , he always looks for the easy option and defenders can see him a mile off .. Please Celtic point him to Bolton and be done

ps ...to those who slated Samaras, wait to get a load of cc

It doesn't surprise me that we wait until the windows shut trying to sniff out an out of contract player, its our way now, try get into CL without speculating to accumulate , then we miss out on CL , has happened on a good few occasions now in the last 10 years or so.

i will give the guy a chance though, its not his fault we are crap in the transfer windows.

Who Killed Kenny? likes this

Back to London after one week's trial without a deal ?

Perhaps he's done enough to convince Ronny et al and seen enough to convince himself, so there's no need to further the trial and he's gone home to prepare to move?

Or perhaps he's just remembered he left the oven switched on............................

Wonder when we'll hear either way.

Back to London after one week's trial without a deal ?

Perhaps he's done enough to convince Ronny et al and seen enough to convince himself, so there's no need to further the trial and he's gone home to prepare to move?

Or perhaps he's just remembered he left the oven switched on............................

Wonder when we'll hear either way.

According to the Daily Ranger, He's on top of Deila's to do list before the Fenerbache game. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ronny-deila-puts-striker-carlton-6526301?

He can GTF 

Carlton Cole delays decision on joining Celtic

CARLTON COLE is hanging fire on signing for Celtic in the hope of sealing a big-money deal from a club in Qatar.

It’s understood the ex-England striker is attracting strong interest from the Middle East, and he is keen to see if that results in an offer.

Parkhead chief executive Peter Lawwell held talks with Cole and his agent after the 31-year-old impressed boss Ronny Deila on trial last week.

The former West Ham and Chelsea hitman is considering his options and is aware there could also be renewed interest from England.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/608582/Carlton-Cole-delays-decision-on-joining-Celtic

dylan and dundalk celt like this

If this is accurate, then fair enough, he doesn't seem too keen and we just shot of one wido in Scepovic, don't want to go chasing another to replace him.  'He's not motivated by money at this stage in his career, but fulfilment...he's earned his money...and wants to enjoy the last years of his career...'

If the report is true, then a scep-tic might say 'Aye, right...'fulfilment' my arse, the only fulfilment he's after is a fully-filled bank account.'  

And to be fair to him, he has every right to try and get the best deal, but we can do without the hype-tripe............

Not too long ago, we reported on how our former striker, Carlton Cole, was training with the Scottish Premier League side, Celtic.

The inference being that Cole, who left West Ham United Football Club as a free agent back in May, would be rewarded with a deal if everything went well during the reference training sessions.

However, it is being reported by the Express that Carlton has suffered something of a set-back.

Our source is reporting that whilst training at the Celtic training centre, Lennoxtown and whilst his agent was in discussion with the Celtic Chief Executive Officer, Peter Lawwell, Carlton picked up a calf injury, the extent of which is not known yet. 

As well as interesting the current Scottish champions, Cole is also thought to be contemplating a lucrative move to show his skills in Qatar.

We`ll report further when more information becomes available.

http://www.westham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=415463

Edited by kevza
Highlighted the BULLSHIT

Aw naw,I thought we would have learn't our lesson by now signing these has beens.

His weekly wage would be better spent on giving the match day staff the living wage,how much does PL add to his bonus signing this muppet.

This is a Ronnie signing mate he's been on trial and Ronnie has given the nod what is interesting is scepovic has started scoring a few goals for getafe so we let a young player go who is capable of goals to sign a player who has never been prolific goal scorer who is past his best.

only in the crazy world of Celtic transfers.

i hope Cole proves to be a great signing I really do but I just can't see it plz prove me wrong Carlton 

MafieMcCue likes this