JB90

Middle East problems

Refugees    8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you welcome refugees?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

About 100 Syrian refugees have landed in the UK - the largest group to arrive since the government expanded its resettlement scheme in September.

The group - thought to be mainly families - arrived at Glasgow Airport on the first of a series of charter flights expected in coming weeks.

They are due to be resettled by local authorities across Scotland.

Scottish MSP Humza Yousaf said it was "a proud day for Scotland", which he said offered "the warmest of welcomes".

The government has said 20,000 refugees will be resettled in the UK by 2020 - with 1,000 due to arrive by Christmas.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34839477

So are you in favour of the refugees coming over or not, after the attack in Paris on Friday it seems that everyone's racial tensions have boiled over especially in Scotland facebook is filled with revolting status about muslims and refugees but I think that people forget that most of these refugees have seen their country been ripped apart within 2 years by ISIS and that what happened in Paris they'd have to deal with that sort of stuff on a daily basis. It's not like Britain is innocent in all of this anyway. We helped create a problem and now at the very least we can do is try to help.

Edited by JB90
dylan likes this

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34839477

So are you in favour of the refugees coming over or not, after the attack in Paris on Friday it seems that everyone's racial tensions have boiled over especially in Scotland facebook is filled with revolting status about muslims and refugees but I think that people forget that most of these refugees have seen their country been ripped apart within 2 years by ISIS and that what happened in Paris they'd have to deal with that sort of stuff on a daily basis. It's not like Britain is innocent in all of this anyway. We helped create a problem and now at the very least we can do is try to help.

I disagree Isis/Isil have ripped there country apart within 2 years that's simply not true what's going on in Syria is far more complicated and complex than that 

but that's another discussion 

yes  I believe we should accept refugees.

its the right thing to do

I disagree Isis/Isil have ripped there country apart within 2 years that's simply not true what's going on in Syria is far more complicated and complex than that 

but that's another discussion 

yes  I believe we should accept refugees.

its the right thing to do

Well in the last 2 years they've overthrown the government with the help of the Americans and British of course and really pushed through the country.

I am happy to say my wee toon this week takes in 50 Syrians among them 15 families.

The Isle of Bute has an area size of 42.5 Square Miles and a Population of approximately 6,500 folk.

If you put that into perspective the USA has taken in 1500 Syrians since 2011

Qatar ,Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Bahrain have taken - 0 Zilch Nada nowt.

When you consider the collective wealth of these Nations what the Isle of Bute and Bute Council are taking on is nothing short of amazing.

They have the housing and they have space in the Schools.

So with that in mind they stood up and showed the above Cuntries right up.

I welcome these folk as my island welcomed my great Grandad from Donegal over 135 years ago ,hungry,homeless and desperate.

Edited by Kennys Dugleash
dylan likes this

I am happy to say my wee toon this week takes in 50 Syrians among them 15 families.

The Isle of Bute has an area size of 42.5 Square Miles and a Population of approximately 6,500 folk.

If you put that into perspective the USA has taken in 1500 Syrians since 2011

Qatar ,Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Bahrain have taken - 0 Zilch Nada nowt.

When you consider the collective wealth of these Nations what the Isle of Bute and Bute Council are taking on is nothing short of amazing.

They have the housing and they have space in the Schools.

So with that in mind they stood up and showed the above Cuntries right up.

I welcome these folk as my island welcomed my great Grandad from Donegal over 135 years ago ,hungry,homeless and desperate.

it's bad that the countries aren't taking refugees kenny but how are these refugees supposed to reach these countries?

theyre pretty much hemmed in with Turkey being the safest route out 

it's bad that the countries aren't taking refugees kenny but how are these refugees supposed to reach these countries?

theyre pretty much hemmed in with Turkey being the safest route out 

Wealthy Nations have the money to fly them out Pep after all If Britain can these wealthy oil rich Nations can surely?

Wealthy Nations have the money to fly them out Pep after all If Britain can these wealthy oil rich Nations can surely?

where are Britain flying them out from?  

Saudi Arabia are a disgusting country though I'm not sure Qatar and Bahrain can do much.

theres just to many involved now I can only see an end when everyone involved get round a table and carve the country up.

needless to say Israel have done fuck all either 

Not relevant to refugees but to Paris attacks which is all apart of the same thing to do with ISIS at the end of the day, take 10 minutes out your day to watch this. 

pepperami likes this

I firmly believe we need to take in and help these refugees. If for no other reason than to atone in some tiny way for the past atrocities  Great Britain has inflicted on many unsuspecting  nations over our less than unblemished past. Not to mention the religious "cleansing" we either participated in physically or by omission. Yes other countries need to do more, but let's not get caught up in a I will if you will culture of doing fuck all. We as a breed have fucked up monumentally in so many ways- let us for fucks sake try to do some good for a change.

dylan likes this

There's an article that is floating around Facebook being shared by a few knuckledraggers that claims Glasgow is next for attack but its the article from just after the Tunisia shooting in August. 

the whole situation is one big mind fuck.

western actions cleared a path for these groups to infiltrate or overthrow LEGITIMATE governments.

one thing leads to another

to what ends I honestly believe sometime Syria will be carved up and handed out 

That's what happened to Iraq Pepp

not in a sense bro Iraq Isis apart is under western approved control what you got in Syria is government forces , Russians , western countries , Isis , Israel , Kurds , and of course the rebels