Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JB90

Renfrewshire Council

11 posts in this topic

I'm looking for some advice on the best way to deal with this. I've moved in to my current house 3 years ago and its a close (flat) (block of 6) whatever you call them. anyway we've had problems thoughout the years of junkies coming into the close an using needles (2 of which had been hidden under some letters and left on the steps and the council were called out to collect them.

One of my neighbour's moved out around 3 months ago and they've replaced him with a junkie, he stoats around with a massive rottweiler which I doubt if it went mental he could control, he's always out his face (I've only seen him a handful of time). my neighbour who stays directly across from me is moving out in 3 days and I think they will give the home to another junkie as the council has filled the closes across the road with a fair share of them, which is weird considering I stay in the center of town and its currently just had a new town hall built (I'm beside it), there is also more regeneration about to happen yet their filling up the nearby houses with smack addicts, is there anything I can do about it?

Although the guy has cause no trouble as of yet, knowing junkies pretty well I dont think it will be long and lets be honest you dont want them all coming in and out your close and possibly knowing when your house is empty etc.

I have a seven year old son and me and my girlfriend pay full rent yet I'm surrounded junkies.

Edited by JB90

I'm looking for some advice on the best way to deal with this. I've moved in to my current house 3 years ago and its a close (flat) (block of 6) whatever you call them. anyway we've had problems thoughout the years of junkies coming into the close an using needles (2 of which had been hidden under some letters and left on the steps and the council were called out to collect them.

One of my neighbour's moved out around 3 months ago and they've replaced him with a junkie, he stoats around with a massive rottweiler which I doubt if it went mental he could control, he's always out his face (I've only seen him a handful of time). my neighbour who stays directly across from me is moving out in 3 days and I think they will give the home to another junkie as the council has filled the closes across the road with a fair share of them, which is weird considering I stay in the center of town and its currently just had a new town hall built (I'm beside it), there is also more regeneration about to happen yet their filling up the nearby houses with smack addicts, is there anything I can do about it?

Although the guy has cause no trouble as of yet, knowing junkies pretty well I dont think it will be long and lets be honest you dont want them all coming in and out your close and possibly knowing when your house is empty etc.

I have a seven year old son and me and my girlfriend pay full rent yet I'm surrounded junkies.

there's not a lot you can do mate sadly have you tried complaining to the council about the problem? I know it's menial but at least it's something being recorded about it it's the first step.

what about moving yourself would they transfer you? I know you prolly think why should you but it could be for the best.

incidenttly if you find needless and stuff in the close I wouldn't be phoning the council to remove them I would be phoning the police again menial and sounds petty but again it's another avenue where things get recorded with another authority if things escalate then all relevant people are alerted to the problems as early as possible.

also there presence around the close might deter them from using you're close this way.

i feel for you bro this sucks 

there's not a lot you can do mate sadly have you tried complaining to the council about the problem? I know it's menial but at least it's something being recorded about it it's the first step.

what about moving yourself would they transfer you? I know you prolly think why should you but it could be for the best.

incidenttly if you find needless and stuff in the close I wouldn't be phoning the council to remove them I would be phoning the police again menial and sounds petty but again it's another avenue where things get recorded with another authority if things escalate then all relevant people are alerted to the problems as early as possible.

also there presence around the close might deter them from using you're close this way.

i feel for you bro this sucks 

I would love to move because even though the rest of the neighbours are not addicts, they're minks, I tidy my area of the close and it wont be clean for over an hour, my neighbour downstairs and I are the only people who actually take our bins out on collection day. The backdoor is always full of shit (like old beds, mattresses etc) no one ever phones to get picked up but I like my house and I've just spent a fortune on doing it up. 

Also I don't think that I would move unless I'm going to buy a mortgage because the council round here only offers proper houses to single mums and not families anymore. I didn't phone for the needles to be picked up it was my neighbour who is moving out in 3 days.

Edited by JB90

I would love to move because even though the rest of the neighbours are not addicts, they're minks, I tidy my area of the close and it wont be clean for over an hour, my neighbour downstairs and I are the only people who actually take our bins out on collection day. The backdoor is always full of shit (like old beds, mattresses etc) no one ever phones to get picked up but I like my house and I've just spent a fortune on doing it up. 

Also I don't think that I would move unless I'm going to buy a mortgage because the council round here only offers proper houses to single mums and not families anymore. I didn't phone for the needles to be picked up it was my neighbour who is moving out in 3 days.

shit man dunno what else to suggest 

Sounds like your only option is to move.

The situation is so fucked up, I dont see that police involvement will actually do anything to remedy the needles in the close situation, but it may help you to get a move for you and your family, but if you are paying full rent for the place then to get out quickly you could look at a private let, the council take forever to do anything and you could be there a while waiting.

Junkies and potentially dangerous dogs as owners is a reallly bad recipe mate other than getting them evicted which could take years moving seems to be the only option, you could wait it out but how long can you tolerate the conditions that have been forced apon you.

The way I see it theres only do long that you can endure that shit on your doorstep before you lose it, get out quick mate its only a matter of time before it escalates

Gazza if the police are seen going in the close it might well act as a deterrent it might not but it will be recorded somewhere that they were called out which surely can only strengthen his case for a move in the future? 

I'm going to save for a deposit for a mortgage once I come back from holiday in the summer, hate that this close is so shite but handy at the same time. 

Hey folks roughly what would a typical deposit be for a mortgage these days?

It depends on the bank I think but I would expect 5 to 10% of the value of the house. again I think not 100% sure on this. more insight would be helpful.

only way is to hassle them constantly, they wont come to you, pester them , go get advice at citzen bureau , keep pestering the council , then after you have done that , pester them more, and more, they will eventually give in and rehouse you , might not be to a better part but its worth the gamble than the situation you are in the noo.

if not already in the credit union i suggest join the now while you fight the council , if nothing happens in a year you can get a loan of 3x your balance with very low interest and when you pay them back money goes into your savings as well as repaying the loan, better than any overpriced bank loan and that will go towards the deposit on a house. good luck , the council are utter cunts , not slow when you owe them a fiver but when you need something yer fucked for months waiting on them doing anything, glad i got away from them.

Gazza if the police are seen going in the close it might well act as a deterrent it might not but it will be recorded somewhere that they were called out which surely can only strengthen his case for a move in the future? 

the Polis are only a deterrent while they are present mate, if anything their involvement could make the situation worse, believe me 

A junkie is bad enough but one with an axe to grind would be even worse, the situation is bad as it is but could be a lot worse, shit gets escalated and then theirs grudges and other shit to deal with.

going to your local MP would be a better way to get some action done with a bit more pace