Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Bhoy_1981

Celtic sign Erik Sviatchenko:

10 posts in this topic

Erik Sviatchenko says he rejected moves to England, Italy and France to sign for Celtic.

The 24-year-old Denmark defender has secured a four-and-a-half-year contract with the Scottish champions after his £1.5m switch from Midtjylland.

Sviatchenko said: "I could have gone to Italy and the Championship and, last year, to the Premier League.to this huge club.

Sviatchenko will now miss out on two Europa League matches Midtjylland have coming up against Manchester United, but he insists he has no regrets.

"I am 24. I have to have a career that is beyond two games against United," said the centre-half, who has four caps for his country.

"I think we can face them in the Champions League in the future.

Erik Sviatchenko in Europa League action for Midtjylland

Sviatchenko played for Midtjylland in the Champions League and Europa League against Legia Warsaw

"I can see Celtic progress to the place they belong and that is in the Champions League."

Sviatchenko, who trained with his new team-mates on Monday, had been itching for a move away from his homeland.

"It means a lot," he said. "It means I am finally away from Denmark.

"It has been a long, tough way for me to get a contract in a foreign country."

Sviatchenko has attracted interest from various clubs around Europe but was delighted to receive an approach from the Glasgow club.

"When Celtic came, I could feel this was a very, very good decision for me," he added.

"It is a winning club. I won the championship in Denmark. I want to be remembered for winning."

However, he will have to wait for his Celtic debut as he will not feature in Tuesday's Scottish Premiership match against Hamilton Academical.

Edited by The_Bhoy_1981

He has impressed me so far good touch, can tackle good header passing is decent, and he commits neccesary fouls -has taken a few cards for these but they have been needed , they havent been silly fouls theyve been tactical

northeastghirl15 likes this

He has impressed me so far good touch, can tackle good header passing is decent, and he commits neccesary fouls -has taken a few cards for these but they have been needed , they havent been silly fouls theyve been tactical

No complaints so far tbh. He has done what's been asked from him. 

Have to say I like this fella and he should of started on Sunday;

'' It's has been a couple of tough days I admit. We all want to be winners and especially in the important games. We are Celtic and we need to keep on working hard and we will bounce back. It is when it's tough we show attitude and character. Let's us regain power and determination towards a crucial last couple of weeks - one goal and it's the title in the league '' - Erik Sviatchenko

13043504_10154748586067786_4498798423291

he has the skills to play the ball out of defence and reads the game well, him with jozo winning the aerial duels i think they will be a cracking partnership next season