Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Bhoy_1981

Celtic name Brendan Rodgers as new manager

41 posts in this topic

Would of liked a longer contract but all our managers have had 1 year rolling so we go with that.

This is great news and I hope he moves fasts for players to get us into the CL for the season 2016/2017

This is great, was expecting to wait till Monday. Apparently he turned down around double the money from Swansea... And APPARENTLY is going to have £15m to spend :rolleyes: guess we'll see about that

This is great, was expecting to wait till Monday. Apparently he turned down around double the money from Swansea... And APPARENTLY is going to have £15m to spend :rolleyes: guess we'll see about that

I've been watching BBC breaking news all day. As soon as the BBC closed the page down for the day Celtic break the news. :-) HH

colobhoy likes this

Credit where credit's due, this appears to be one hell of a signing!
Well done Celtic!
Not only is this great for us, but surely gives Scottish football as a whole a much needed shot in the arm.
And I can't see him having signed if there weren't substantial funds of some form promised.
With all due respect to Ronny, he delivered 2 titles, but last season was verging on torture at times. Now very special times may be just around the corner.
The flame of faith has just been rekindled.

carraigbhoy and The_Bhoy_1981 like this

Watch season tickets go BOOOOOOM.:rolleyes:

This will get bums on the seats. 

and fair play to the board. This was long overdue. However, why was this appointment (or appointment of similar magnitude) not made before Delia signed?? Is it a coincidence that sevco are in the league next year  and we have broke the bank for a decent manager?  Why wait til now!!? Fuds! I hope it's not too late. 

and fair play to the board. This was long overdue. However, why was this appointment (or appointment of similar magnitude) not made before Delia signed?? Is it a coincidence that sevco are in the league next year  and we have broke the bank for a decent manager?  Why wait til now!!? Fuds! I hope it's not too late. 

my guess is they thought they could get in the cheap option and if he's ready to step up by the time the Huns are in the league then keep him, if not then part ways and bring in someone higher profile. All about money pal.

edit: I doubt Rogers would have signed if there were no Huns too

Edited by colobhoy

Genuinely excited, biggest appointment since Saint martin of O'Neil. 

Wish list:

• Squad trimmed down to a reasonable size
  • Euro qualification
  • A marquee signing
  • League and cup double

In that order. 

Wish list:

• Euro qualification
  • A marquee signing
  • League and cup double

In that order. 

I would go with this except I fear cl qualification might just be to early for him this year but Defo Europa I'm excited about him as manager out of the candidates he was my first choice though would've preferred wgs.

now let's see what he can do he needs to recall every player then decide who he wants who he doesn't and then he needs to be brutal get out whoever is to go no hanging around to allow space for new guys to come in

agree. Based on the current crop of players Europa league is our stage. Christ we finished bottom of our group last year!! 

For me though, 1st priority is to sort out that awful defence. Build from the back. 

Thank you.. DD and lawwell saw the writing on the wall from us. They were that close to loosing the supporters and the club. So about time you two fkrs got it right.

now onwards. 

I pray Brendan does not tip his cap to lawwell and allow him to interfere as he did with that idiot deila. 

Give brendn his space and allow him to use his great talents give him money and let's see him march on mordor and Europe 

Hail hail Brendan welcome to paradise

I'm actually cautiously optimistic, my main grudge in the past 5 years has been Peter Lawwell controlling almost every operational aspect of the club. I think Brendan is the most likely man take on more responsibility and push Lawwell out of the unofficial director of football role. In doing so he can hopefully set some clear targets and we can really get our momentum going where it should be.

agree. Based on the current crop of players Europa league is our stage. Christ we finished bottom of our group last year!! 

For me though, 1st priority is to sort out that awful defence. Build from the back. 

Big Els

That's what Rodgers problem was with Liverpool,there defence although they played good football,that said he won't have to many sides in our league to worry about.

I hope it works for him and us but meantime I will reserve judgement

I think when Deila was appointed the cards were in Celtics hands and Deila basically agreed to everything including a low wage, a back room staff assigned to him and a signing policy revolving around the boards decisions. You can't really blame him because it was a huge step up for him but he did look pretty silly in the end after his tenure was ultimately a failure.

I feel good about Rogers because it seems more like he had more leverage during negotiations, we were more desperate for him then he for us, and he's not a yes man

Wish list:

• Euro qualification
  • A marquee signing
  • League and cup double

In that order. 

And keep Tierney at CP

fishsticks likes this