Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Bhoy_1981

CONFIRMED - Stokes is released by Celtic:

12 posts in this topic

Celtic have the option of  another year but have decided to not go with it.

I think its a good move by the club. Yeah he loves Celtic but he ain't gonna get us into the CL. 

He scored 9 goals in the championship and for me that proves how poor he is.

He also had a lot of baggage that BR would not put up with so I wish him all the best. 

You served us well. If you were a great player you'd be off to the Euros but you not and thats says it all. We need great players and Stokes is not a great player. 

Anthony signed for Celtic in 2010, and made 192 appearances for the club, scoring 77 goals. 

Edited by The_Bhoy_1981
kevza likes this

Good luck stokes. I think he's better than any other striker we currently have besides griff so I hope this means we're raising the bar a bit.... And I guess to be fair he had a pretty poor time at hibs i figured he would light it up and he didn't really do much besides the cup final. 

kevza likes this

Stoksie has been good for us, just a shame the way the last season has gone, he would have been more effective than carlton cole and kazim richards.

agree. Now that we seem to be clearing house on our strikers I hope it means we'll sign one or two who are actually decent. We have had a poor signing record for strikers especially in the last few years

Dont get me wrong kazim - richards served a purpose.

that purpose was to reminds us how much we miss a player like him, we miss having a big bullying striker . we need to bring in exactly that type of player and put him up top with LG(40) 

Fletcher is kind of that mould and could team up with griffiths not just here at CP but potentially for scotland as well.

i do want a big striker in though a John Hartson would be perfect right now

I liked stokes but often left me thinking he should be doing better in big games 

didnt score enough goals but he created them too, yeah 77 in 200 is around 1 in 3 but he assisted at around the same rate, which means he was directly involved in taking or creating a goal in 2 out of every 3 games, he made what at least half of hoopers goals. thats an asset in itself.

i hope he actually stays at hibs with Lenny and brings them up, under lennon hibs will be much harder to beat and may even become a force in their own right