Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Bhoy_1981

James Forrest signs new 3 year deal!

4 posts in this topic

James Forrest signs new 3 year deal! 

13939462_1263127420393827_61838730635338

I'm happy with this. He did not want to sign under Ronny so who can blame him. All the best wee James. Hope we see the best of you now. 

JAMES Forrest has long been one of the shining lights of the Celtic Youth Academy, a player who came through the ranks at the club and graduated to the first-team, and he is often held up as an example to the young players now at the Academy of how far it is possible to go with the right attitude, dedication, determination and talent.

Now 25, Forrest joined Celtic when he was just nine-years-old. It’s all he’s ever known in his football life, and that will continue to be the case for at least the next three years after he signed a new deal committing himself to the club until 2019.

And he’s delighted that his sole focus can be on his football after sorting out his future. Speaking to the official Celtic website after signing the deal, he said: “I feel that I’ve got a bit of experience now and I just want to kick on and just play as many games as I can for this club.

“I’ve been here since I’ve been nine. It’s all I know and it’s a massive club – one of the biggest in the world – so I’m just delighted to sign here again.”

Forrest, who is just seven games shy of his 200th appearance for the Hoops, scored his 31st goal for the club at the weekend, a stunning left-foot finish to give Celtic the lead against hearts at Tynecastle.

And he revealed that he responded to  the challenge put down to him by new manager, Brendan Rodgers, when the players reported back for pre-season.

“From day one it’s been really positive and the manager’s had a good impact on all the boys,” he said, “and I think it’s shown in a lot of our good performances so far. Hopefully, as time goes on we kick on and do even better.

“I had a chat with the manager in the off-season and as soon as we came back in pre-season, and he just said, ‘show me what you’ve got.’ I made it clear that I wanted to stay here and I’m just glad it’s done now and I can focus on playing.

“We’ve made a few signings and they’ve made a good impact and it’s good for the squad, and we’ve also put in a couple of good performances against Astana to get to the play-off round, so it would be great to get into the group stages of the Champions League this season.”

Edited by The_Bhoy_1981

I'm a fan of Forrest and I'm glad he's signed a new contract his recent performances have been good he looks fitter and stronger than he did previously I always knew we had a player in him that was capable of making things happen for us I hope Brendon can continue getting the best from him i know there's more to come hail hail James 

He must have been totally demotivated with Ronnie at the helm.  I know what it's like workin for a manager who you have no confidence in.  Demoralising. I was prepared to get rid of him, but fair play to him, he's prepared to start with a clean slate.    Rodgers seems to b gettin the best out of him again.  All down to management. If he continues to play like tonight, and stay off the treatment table (I had a sharp intake of breath when he went down tonight!) he's welcome to stay. 

He must have been totally demotivated with Ronnie at the helm.  I know what it's like workin for a manager who you have no confidence in.  Demoralising. I was prepared to get rid of him, but fair play to him, he's prepared to start with a clean slate.    Rodgers seems to b gettin the best out of him again.  All down to management. If he continues to play like tonight, and stay off the treatment table (I had a sharp intake of breath when he went down tonight!) he's welcome to stay. 

I knew there was a player in there mate yes he's been unlucky with injuries I've stuck up for him though for a long time as for Ronnie less said the better but picture this you're a winger instead of playing you in the right position he benches you puts a central midfielder on the wing messing with that players confidence also during the experiment would you stay?