Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Bhoy_1981

Massive changes to Champions League structures begins season 2018-19:

7 posts in this topic

Great news for the next Leicester City-style English Cinderella story - not so good for the likes of Celtic and Dundalk.

It appears Uefa are on the verge of guaranteeing the powerful Big Four leagues 16 spots in the group stages of the Champions League.

That means that HALF of the 32 spots will be given over to the qualifiers from England, Spain, Italy and Germany. They will do away with historical merit as a factor from the 2018-19 season onwards.

This season Leicester City, Tottenham, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, Juventus and Napoli have qualified directly to the group stage.

Under the new structures Manchester City, Villareal, Borussia Monchengladbach, Roma (who are all int he final play-off round) and a fourth Italian team would qualify automatically for the group stages - meaning five less spots for qualifiers through the play-offs.

Fuckin money grabbing cunts. So much for their "financial fair play"

uefa can suck ma dick. Pricks. 

they will need to rename the champions league after changing the entrance requirements.  That's false advertising!  When the fuck did Roma last win serie A?  Arsenal and man city are not bigger than Celtic. They have millions more money, but not fan base.  BMG!! Aye, a huge club! The rich clubs will only get richer, and the poorer clubs, poorer.  It will eventually become invitation only to satisfy greedy bigwigs.  And you're supposed to be grateful of their invitation to dine at their top table and lavish yourself on the millions put into your kitty! Well fuck right off ,UEFA.  It's cunts like you that are making this original working class game, become very middle class.  £70 for a kit, astronomical prices for a ticket, even crazier prices for a "glamour" tie.  

Even price of equipment for kids to play.  Snoods, under armour, studs, mouldies, winter boots, summer boots, firm ground boots, home kit, away kit, 3rd kit, international kit, special edition kit, training tops, joggies.  Fuckin need to be middle class to afford all this shite!

Anyway, Suitable names on a postcard please. 

I like: The Got More Money Than Sense League or The Money Is Power League.

but my favourite: The Some Of The Teams Are Champions League.  

There was mutings a few years back about a breakaway European league. The Scandinavian leagues and some Central European leagues like Switzerland, Poland won't like this either. Even the Dutch league canny be happy with this. And possibly even the Portuguese league. 

I say fuck the champs league and let them stew in their own shite.  

Time for something different. 

There was mutings a few years back about a breakaway European league. The Scandinavian leagues and some Central European leagues like Switzerland, Poland won't like this either. Even the Dutch league canny be happy with this. And possibly even the Portuguese league. 

I say fuck the champs league and let them stew in their own shite.  

Time for something different. 

we can't do that Europe is where it's at I'm convinced they're trying to make the rest non competitive so eventually the top four leagues can stifle the market

I'm not saysin do away wi Europe altogether, I'm sayin fuck the so called "champions" league. Plenty other countries and leagues will be miffed about this decision. So why can't we set up another euro league? When I say we I mean the other countries that will b pissed off and suffer from the greedy bastardness.  

Because these cunts have more money, they think they're entitled to more, instead of it being earned. They're quite happy to shit on the poorer teams to satisfy themselves.  

By reducing the space for smaller teams, albeit champions in their own country, they are makin it even more difficult for us to cope and compete.  That's exactly what they want. Less competition and more money for them.  Champs league will only then become interesting when the "big teams" are drawn together in the quarters or semis.  

As I said before, are we meant to be grateful for a slice of their pie every so often when we qualify?? As it would be more disappointment than success. 

Therefore, I say fuck them, and create a new euro league.  

How does this actually affect us though? It says there will be four more teams from popular leagues but will we have to play another playoff game? Will it affect our opponents we play even though we have champions route?

it is bullshit for everyone else and Uefa surprise surpise are just chasing money but If more teams go in from top leagues it doesn't look like this will actually affect us.... From the info given there anyway