Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Number 7

James McCarthy

13 posts in this topic

I'm surprised there wasn't already a thread on him. Irish International, tenacious midfielder who can play as well. I really, really want him! Thoughts?

Each day he doesn't sign it seems like the transfer is less likely though :(

Not gonna happen I believe we need a striker more tbh

Do you really? I think with Griff/ Dembele we are strong enough plus the likes of Sinclair and Christie who can play a supporting centre forward role. Although if our ultimate back up Ciftci leaves then I think we are short but let's see if he can come in and chip in, domestically at least?

I echo the loan point, no more loans. Probably be too much money on a permanent though...

Do you really? I think with Griff/ Dembele we are strong enough plus the likes of Sinclair and Christie who can play a supporting centre forward role. Although if our ultimate back up Ciftci leaves then I think we are short but let's see if he can come in and chip in, domestically at least?

I echo the loan point, no more loans. Probably be too much money on a permanent though...

ideally we need 4 striker I don't rate ciftci though I worry if griff gets injured or suspended that leaves just dembele nope for me again we need a target man someone who can head the ball we put all these crosses in the box very few turn to goals it's also something different I'm thinking long term mate places like Inverness in the winter that extra striker would give us another option

I do like dembele but I don't see him being 25 goals a season I do however feel we have plenty cover in midfield , brown , bitton , rogic , Armstrong , McGregor  could even play toure at Dm obviously taking into account we have 2 wingers

I agree, 15 maybe he is young and raw.

You see I think those midfielders are enough for all but these six CL games. If we try to play a midfield three of Brown, Bitton and Mcgregor in any of those I think we are too lightweight. I said at the start of the season that I could see Brown moving into a DM role (letting our more creative players influence higher) with his age/ exp but that really hasn't materialised yet, if anything his positioning and defending is getting worse! A Wanyama MKII I think will be much needed.

Numbers wise we are well stocked but they're all the same type of player!

2 wingers on each side with GMS opting to fight for his place too.

I really don't see that. Toure looks set to be our number one CB, why move him when he's forming a solid partnership with big Erik?

coz he can be the wanyama type? In certain games that we need him to be