Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kevza

Celtic reveal return to profit

7 posts in this topic

Yesterdays news, but nothing reported on our clubs site yet??

This without CL football last season.

Celtic have announced a profit of £500,000 for the financial year ending on 30 June, compared with a loss of nearly £4m in the previous 12 months.

Player sales rose from nearly £7m to £12.6m, thanks to Virgil van Dijk's move to Southampton.

Revenue rose 2% to £52m, while operating expenses were up 7% to £57m.

Chief executive Pater Lawwell stressed the "paramount importance" of reaching the Champions League group stage after missing out in the last two years.

Celtic won a fifth consecutive league title last season but did not reach the final of either domestic cup and exited the Europa League without winning a group match.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37411556

We only made 500k while selling our best player and getting Europa money where's all our money going?? Possibly the inflated squad?

We got too many players. Delia's plan was to reduce the squad, and he ended up adding more deadwood to it. 

We got about 30 players. Barca got a squad of 22.

People forget Deila spent a bit of cash simunovic 5.5 Armstrong and gms 3 mill boyata 2.2 ciftci 1.5  eric 1.5 I think not to mention the proper waste of wages kazeem Richards etc 

we havnt received cl money yet next season we will see better investment I believe probably a signing in January aswell 

the club is looking healthy considering

i remember at the time losing to Malmö how much Ronnie had spent on the squad compared to Malmö top of my head I think at that time was about 10 mill 

Good point I'm sure Ronny spent more his first season than Rodgers has so far. And also true Europa is not a lot of cash but to think we were in a European competition and would have been -12m had we not sold Virgil is crazy.