Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kevza

Kouassi Eboue

22 posts in this topic

Celtic have started their January signing work with a £2.8m move for 19-year-old Ivory Coast midfielder Kouassi Eboue being agreed on Tuesday.

It is believed that there is still work to be finalised on Eboue deal with personal terms and a work permit still to be finalised with Celtic.

The Parkhead side, however, remain optimistic that the deal with Krasnobar for the player will be imminent.

The teenager previously played for Armenian side FC Shirak before making his move to the Russian Premier League this year.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15000026.Celtic_agree___2_8m_move_for_19_year_old_Ivory_Coast_midfielder_Kouassi_Eboue/

£3m seems a lot for a boy who's only 19, never played for his country and is pretty much an unknown in western football. 

Thats not to say he isn't talented. Another midfielder though!!  Albeit, defensive one.  Is this the door for Bitton to leave?   I like the fact he's still very young and it appears Brendan enjoys giving youth a chance.  Although what does this say about our academy if we can't churn out a decent midfielder!? Henderson (who I like) must be miffed.  

Is this a "one for the future" purchase, coz if you look at our midfield, who does he come in to replace?  I presume he'll not be one of the first names on the team sheet and as a result, you need to ask why we have shelled out £3m (significant sum) for him then!?

would much rather we shelled out for a solid defender. Although it's still early days. 

C1888C likes this

Is this a "one for the future" purchase, coz if you look at our midfield, who does he come in to replace?  I presume he'll not be one of the first names on the team sheet and as a result, you need to ask why we have shelled out £3m (significant sum) for him then!?

At 3 million he has to be walking into the first team, no? Bitton is off to Fulham for 2 million pounds! 

From the clips i've seen of this boy (not many) he looks big, strong and very athletic and at just 19 who knows what we're getting? Another Wanyama type? A lot of money for Celtic to be spending on a relatively unknown teenager from Russian football though. Heard he has his medical today and should be signing if everything in place is agreed.

Looks like a replacement for Bitton as it doesnt seem Brendan fancies him, maybe we could see him away in this transfer window? 

kevza likes this

Apparently a four and a half year deal has been agreed, work permit a little tricky to go through as he's not played enough internationals but should be fine though considering his age. So i seen anyway. 

kevza likes this

He's a replacement for Bitton surely?  If the story Bittons off for 2m is true then we're paying 1m and less wages I'd imagine for a younger and potentially a player we could get Wanyama money for.HH

kevza likes this

He's a replacement for Bitton surely?  If the story Bittons off for 2m is true then we're paying 1m and less wages I'd imagine for a younger and potentially a player we could get Wanyama money for.HH

Espanyol have enquired about Bitton apparently. 

Espanyol have enquired about Bitton apparently. 

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we let him leave tbh. We have more creative players, and more on the way. 

He seems quite similar to Bitton from the youtube highlights of the Europa league games. Didn't really catch my eye but I hope the scouts spotted something.

On 1/7/2017 at 10:14 PM, Gaffney said:

He seems quite similar to Bitton from the youtube highlights of the Europa league games. Didn't really catch my eye but I hope the scouts spotted something.

Bitton is for the off I'd say 

Finally! Can't wait to see him play now, got a good feeling about him. 

Never did i imagine Celtic having two number 88's in the space of 5 years.