Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Bhoy_1981

SPFL - Celtic v St Johnstone - Wed 25th Jan - KO 7:45pm

16 posts in this topic

Leigh Griffiths and Tom Rogic both returned to training after missing the Scottish Cup win over Albion Rovers as a result of injuries they sustained before Christmas.

Kouassi Eboue was suspected to have malaria, spending a day in hospital but returned today (Tuesday) for light training after being given the all-clear.

Mikael Lustig was taken off at half-time on Sunday with a back problem.

Erik Sviatchenko returns from a one-match suspension which he served against Albion Rovers.

kevza likes this

Gordon

Gamboa Simunovic Boyata Tierney 

Brown Bitton 

Forrest Armstrong Sinclair

Dembele

Subs: De Vries, Izaguirre, Griffiths, Mackay-Steven, Roberts, Sviatchenko, McGregor

7 minutes ago, Big Els said:

Boyata at the back.  Hmmmm.  Is Erik fully fit?  I don't rate boyata much. 

he is carrying a knock

I dont rate Boyata but i trust that BR see's a player in him. 

1 hour ago, The_Bhoy_1981 said:

1-0 Boyata

Haha! What do I know!!  Never saw the game.  Followed text. Seems he played well,and although there was not much pressure on him, what came his way he dealt with effectively.  If BR can develop him properly, then great. But one goal and a decent performance doesn't mean he's a mainstay. One swallow doesn't make a summer. 

11 hours ago, Big Els said:

Haha! What do I know!!  Never saw the game.  Followed text. Seems he played well,and although there was not much pressure on him, what came his way he dealt with effectively.  If BR can develop him properly, then great. But one goal and a decent performance doesn't mean he's a mainstay. One swallow doesn't make a summer. 

I still don't rate him but with Erk injured I think BR played mind games with him and made Boyata think he was a good player....it worked for 1 game ;)