Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Bhoy_1981

Sunderland to bid 10 million for KT:

4 posts in this topic

Hearts couldn’t get to grips with him yesterday and, to be fair, neither have many sides this season - but Celtic full back Kieran Tierney is apparently a shock £10m target for Premier League basement boys Sunderland.

The flying 19-year-old full back has returned to the Bhoys’ starting XI in the last week after a spell out injured and looks as if he has never been away.

Tierney was in full flight yesterday as he set up two goals in the 4-0 rout of Hearts. And Sunderland and Crystal Palace had scouts at the match to witness the Scotland star’s latest top performance.

Now, according to the Express, the Black Cats are set to test Celtic’s resolve for the player.

However, it’s only a matter of weeks since Sunderland’s financial plight saw chief executive Martin Bain warn boss David Moyes he will have only “very limited” funds in the transfer market. Limited funds/£10m bid - it doesn’t add up does it?

I think tierney is an awesome talent and could go on to be a club legend as his heart is in the right place. I would love him to stay, and I think he will, certainly for the next few seasons. However, I would notbegrudge him moving to a top club in a few years as I think he has the potential to be a world class LB, and there aren't too many around.  He's certainly already better than palace and Sunderland!