Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harry Macari

Kodi crackdown: Premier League wins High Court order to block illegal streams

6 posts in this topic

Kodi set-top boxes that allow football fans to stream live matches without a licence will be blocked by the UK's four biggest ISPs, after the High Court approved a piracy clampdown order.

Sky, BT, TalkTalk, and Virgin Media will all be required to block servers that stream Premier League football games.

"The new block will enable a proportionate and targeted restriction of content that would otherwise have been proliferated to unauthorised websites and IPTV devices," said the Premier League after it secured the court order from Mr Justice Arnold on Wednesday.

more here; https://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2017/03/kodi-crackdown-premier-league-high-court-order-block-illegal-streams/

not sure how this will affect the cricfree and vip type streams though.

kevza likes this

On 3/10/2017 at 9:43 PM, kevza said:

I don't know much about VPN's. Now might be the time to look at using one. 

Private Internet Access. PIA.  Great price, great service, no logs, kill switch, the works.  I use it all the time.

The fact that the authorities raided their servers and confiscated their equipment here in Russia, is by definition a very good sign.  Reconfiguring  firefox to run through Tor should also keep you under the radar.

kevza likes this

3 hours ago, dylan said:

Private Internet Access. PIA.  Great price, great service, no logs, kill switch, the works.  I use it all the time.

The fact that the authorities raided their servers and confiscated their equipment here in Russia, is by definition a very good sign.  Reconfiguring  firefox to run through Tor should also keep you under the radar.

Thanks m8. How much does it work out in UK £ ?